Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell Haters?

I was looking about getting a custom fairing for my XB9S, and i came across this. it kind of disgusts me-some of the things people have to say about buells.

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/str...ss-wtf-10.html

do you guys get crap for your bikes? My friends seem to thing all that matters is "horsepower" with their japanese inline 4 bikes. They never take in factors like weight, torque, maintenance, ease of access to parts, sound, gas mileage, and so many other things. My buddy's nearly stock gixxer 1k (just a pipe and sprocket change) gets 30mpg if he's lucky. I love my bike because i've always been a non-conformist. anyone else see a lot of negativity and hatred toward buells?

Most of my buddies with I4's can appreciate my Buell - in my experience it's mostly certain HD guys that scoff at Buells - along with everything else... and this is from a former-HD-snob...

all the harley guys around where i live think my buell is the coolest thing ever, simply for the sound, but the I4 guys here are always telling me how my bike is ugly, and it sounds like a "fag bike" and calling it a "wanna be jap bike" and an "oil leaking piece of garbage" and things like that. it's funny, because i use less oil and have no leaks at all. Thanks to self adjusting valves, i don't have to do nearly as many maintenance operations as they do. one of the guys seriously didn't even know how to check or add coolant into his bike. These are all a bunch of squids though - the same guys who make fun of me for wearing a leather jacket and helmet year 'round. Unfortunately, they're the only guys i have to ride with. the only trash talk ive ever gotten from any harley guys was a guy at the dealer that i bought my bike from, who had a V-rod, and was trying to sell me a v-rod, claiming my buell to be a "toy" and such. he was mostly kidding though. the I4 guys kind of annoy me

I've only really had one negative thing about my bike and that was about a week and a half ago when a guy sent me a message saying he was glad it was stolen because they took an eyesore off of my hands.

irritated me just a slight bit.

Hooker...one word would describe 'em....ignorant they need to ride a Buell before opening their mouths:D, from an engineering stand point, the rice rockets are dinosaurs:p

@thrstrmech
    I agree completely about the crotch rockets. not much has changed about them in the last 30 years or so. the only really noticeable difference is the way they STARTED putting underslung mufflers on them....i wonder where they got that idea from ;)

Haters gonna hate.

My own father cracked on my buell for three years he's a lifelong Honda/kawi Guy. He raised my brothers an me on ct70's and kx250s my brother who works at a kawi dealership was in awe of the firebolt dad wouldn't touch it he just wanted to talk about his new 919. Until after I'd gone thru Countless other bikes, still had my firebolt and had just traded up my zx10 to get an 1125r. Then he kinda hinted he wanted to take a ride on the firebolt so I obliged and we had a spirited romp thru Mansfield. When we got back he was gushing about the torque and balance. About a year later he told me he was looking at buells I had no idea what he had n mind cuz he's always a bit different, sure nuff he grabbed a 5.0 uly of eBay and he LUVS it. I created a buelligan! MU HAHAHA!

My dad's a die hard harley guy and though i'm not sure the Buell really fits his style, he always goes on and on about how cool my bike is and how he'd love to have it's engine in his '99 Super glide. I gotta sleep with both eyes open now to make sure my bike's engine doesn't go missing over night ;)

When I bought my Buell, I said "This is gonna be great. The Harley guys are gonna hate it, because it looks like a sport bike. The sport bike guys are gonna hate it, because it has a Harley motor. I can't wait!"

Personally, I try not to judge the bike, only the rider. And I prefer to have options:

Not pictured are my wife's 250 Virago, the spare parts CB750F, the XS650 chopper, and the 2 spare parts XS650's.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast