, modify, project, purchase, winter, space, figure, stretch, questions, lightning, purchased, lower, customizing/modifying, lowering, adjust, spring, wondering" /> Customizing/Modifying XB12Ss - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customizing/Modifying XB12Ss

Its a Chrome Jardine exhaust. :D Right now its actually sitting up at my local harley shop. Working on it on my days off. Right now its running pretty fat. Just replaced the plugs and plug connectors, front tire was shot so replaced that. There is some wear on this bike but it is 6 yrs old. Only 11,500 miles on the motor and it runs and sounds great. Clear title and replacing oil and trans fluid. Its not a great pic. I'll have more soon.:D:D:D

Good looking bike! Take these guys advice and don't hack it up. It will be worth WAY MORE if you don't. Just my 2 cents, it is YOUR BIKE though.

Well, now that you've run the gauntlet. LOL I knew it wasn't going to be pretty when you started ta;king about stretching and the like.
    Advice, if this isn't your kind of bike, sell it, don't hack it up. These bikes are only going to diminish in numbers and hacking up a perfectly good one does chap more than a few asses around here, including mine. You can pick up a Buell XB engine on eBay for around $1500. Stretched out frames are available from Redneck Engineering, and you can even use S1 lightning wheels and front suspension on them. I may be wrong about this, but they used to sell a roller,ready to mount an engine. Check with them they may still do that. Their Buell/Sportster frame is called a Mutant, and I gotta warn ya it's a HARDTAIL. That could be accomplished for about what you could sell the bike you have for, minus paint.
    www.redneckengineering.com

Right now its actually sitting up at my local harley shop. Working on it on my days off.
    Are you an HD mechanic?

BTW, good looking bike! You'll enjoy it! And don't take any of it personal! Those who ride them appreciate the parts when they come available, but usually those are from a bike that has been down, or has issues that will cost more than its worth to fix. Not necessarily because someone chops it up to make a bobber! Good luck with it!

There are a ton of smart dudes on this forum who are happy to help!

Since you're vertically challenged, try changing out the seat first. Looks like you've got a taller version on there, find an scg (low) seat and see how it feels. Just a guess, that alone will lower the seating position by 3" or more.

There are a ton of smart dudes on this forum who are happy to help!
    As well as a few smart asses with no good input whatso ever, like me! :D

If you do hack it up, give me your spare parts. But seriously, dont hack it up. But still if you do, redeem yourself and give me your spare parts.

Looks like you've got a taller version on there, find an scg (low) seat and see how it feels
    you can't fit a SCG seat on a Ss, a touring seat will be a inch lower and that is your only option for the Ss.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Netty, no I am not a HD Mechanic, but the HD mechanic is working with me on anything I may have questions on. It's nice to be able to use his lifts, tools, advice, input etc. It's a nice bike, runs pretty good. Since I am vertically challenged, maybe I'll let some air out of the tires, that should drop it a inch or so.(Only kidding) :D
    Maybe one of you guys might know the answer to this question. Do you have to remap the bike since It has the Jardine exhaust on it. I've read some threads saying you do and some say you don't. And If you do, I really doubt the previous owner did.

For the remap, if you have a standard(stock) air filter, don`t have to. Lots of people are going to say that you will have to remap if you have both a high perf air filter and exhaust.

Want your swingarm if you do a custom one .... :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12