Thread: winter project/cooling system Need some outside the box thinkers

Ok so as my bike sits right now i have the flexiglass track fairings on. Which are not designed to mount the stock pods or fans at all. I modded the inner fairing of the flexiglass to accept the stock fans and reversed the polarity so they push air through the radiators. Its functional and will keep the bike from overheating unless its 90 or hotter outside or i sit in traffic. One of my winter projects is to improve the cooling system. I have a few ideas and options.

1st and easiest though dont know how much difference it will make. Mounting bigger more powerful fans. Working with custom fab either way so its not a big deal.
    @
    2nd which im really turned on about because its what ebr did to the 1190 is creating a front mount. Has anyone other then ebr tried this? Know of any radiators that will fit in that gap. Obviously again custom brackets which isnt an issue. Also could i pipe it with the stock two? There is the coolant pipe that runs along the bottom front of the engine. Essentially replace that pipe with an additional radiator. Mount a small fan to it as well.

Only potential problem i see with it is very limited space obviously, but would i be blocking the air intake to much? Would the water pump be able to push collant the extra distance? Or is mounting a bigger front mount (if i can) and running just a front mount better?

Just bounceing ideas right now but i love custom projects like this. Makes the bike more my own. Its already a franken bike

these are the fans i found i was thinking about. the cfm rating is higher than stock by a lot if im not mistaken. Stock is around 4-5 hundred
    http://www.amazon.com/High-Performan.../dp/B003908L3Q

The ratings on those "high performance" fans are optimistic at best. Your stock Spals more more air, guaranteed.

bump