Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 09 Charging Issue

Finally, the CR is coming back together. This is a rewrap by Rick's (great job btw), and I'm STILL waiting on my rotor from EBR. Some s*** about the epoxy they used to secure the magnet isn't holding well.

Mine has gone out twice now and wondering if this is gonna be a permanant fix. I have a local buell guy who will do it just so I don't give HD a single dime. If it works, I can refer all my buell buddies to him.

Had mechanic test my electric system and the results were:

Stator leg 1) 41.2 amps, leg 2) 42 amps, and leg 3) 41.6 amps and the Average Amps should be around 45 amps

and the stator ohms were showing .6-.7 and the specs should be around .1-.3.

My original Voltage regulator was putting out around 18 volts and replaced it with my 2008 1125R regulator and its putting out 12.8-14.5 volts and still continues to blow my headlights.

Not sure if anything else could be done without opening up motor and just throwing misc parts and money into it. Im still paying for this bike and only has 4579 miles on it.

HD said they had a TSB on issue back in 2010 but I didn't buy bike till 2012.

Not sure if anyone has any answers to get this thing fixed.

Thanks BAF, I downloaded it

Thanks BAF, that'll be handy!

I replaced my regulator and now she's running perfect, 14.5 all day long! Thanks Roadster Cycle! (of course after the rotor mod and stator replacement)

OK, now if I do the EBRacing rotor mod and the Rick's re-wire with heavy duty wire and use the STOCK Buell voltage regulator, will I still be seeing the same effect as using the Roadstercycle regulator??? I really wanted to stay as close to 'stock' as I can. Everyone's opinion is welcomed on this question...

Well, I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the stock reg... except where it was placed. It needs either contact with the frame to transfer heat or ventilation to cool off. I noticed my stock reg wasn't even in contact hardly with frame, which it was "supposed" to be... so I simply relocated it.

[img]null[/img]

As you can see, this is the contact plate, notice there is hardly any contact paste... ? No Bueno

OK, thanks very mucho. (i think thats spanish,lol) I think Im gonna order some removal tools and I emailed ebracing this morning about when they would get more ebr rotors. Im gonna try and order a new VR as well and HOPEFULLY these headlights will stop burning out. Tech at EBR said to check grounds and make sure they are tight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123