Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The music thred

Blackberry Smoke, Mason Jennings, Matt Nathanson, Mike Perkins, Amos Lee, Carbon Leaf, Hank Senior & Junior, Nazareth, Skynard, CCR, Zep, just a montage of great stuff!

Southern Rock-Lynyrd Skynyrd pre-1977,Allman Bro's,Marshall Tucker

Old country-pre 1975

Southern Gospel-old school

While riding the only music I listen to is "the V twin shuffle"

Cool to see alot of Tool fans right off the bat! One of my favorite bands! I listen to an array but like ethereal sounding bands. Always like the old metal: Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Iron Maiden, but as with time my taste desires more. Friend of mine turned me onto a band called Porcupine Tree. Progressive, but hints of heavy and spacey Pink Floyd moments. I dig Some good chick artists as well: Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Joanna Newsom (yeah not manly and certainly won't make you want to twist the throttle when your riding, but good stuff). My tastes really do run all over. I check out tons of local bands around here and the CHapel Hill area mostly. I'm always finding myself listening to new stuff!

Lots of dubstep and house techno, anything with a really heavey fast beat, also dresden dolls, atari teenage riot, yeah yeah yeahs, thursday the full collapse is my favorite cd, I am a massive metric fan and generally anything with emily haines in it is great, riot grrrl punk too like sleater_keaney, the reputation, demander. Old school punk with iggy pop and the runaways. With rap its lil wyte, aesop rock, atmosphere. I like a lot of music I just hate country with a passion. Its just too formulaic. Almost all popular music is though. Every one gets in my car and is like "what are you listening to?" I just say "i have a buell and a turbo omni did.you really expect the radio to bebplaying pop music?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234