Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I GOT MY STOLEN BIKE BACK!!!

So I get a phone call this morning from somerset pd that my stolen bike was involved in a chase and they have my bike and the **** bag in custody. The asshole turned into a dead end and try popping the curb but dropped the bike instead. Of course the **** face ruined my cream color paint job by painting it black and He also broke the gas cap off. I guess he didnt like my handlebars the way i had them because he flipped them over. ****ed up the right side puck and rashed up the headers ( although it didnt punch a hole in it so i may be able to just rewrap it)? scraped up my front brake lever, rear brake lever , foot peg and bar end although my handle bars seem to be ok. He also broke my ignition and put a kill switch and broke my seat lock completely off and broke the seat latch on my brand new solo seat. he also scratch my right side swing arm but it looks pretty superficial......So I plan on fixing everything of course. It looks like i need new levers, foot pegs, subframe with lock, ignition switch, gas cap and maybe thats all. I think i could rewrap the headers and frame paint the swing arm....Oh and im gonna need the seat rails too...Its a 2006 xb12ss, Would the s seat rails and subframe fit without much fabbing? Thanks guys

brave to ride it around the same town and just repaint it. Id spot my buell in a heart beat, even with new plastics.

also my seat rails did have a small crack

glad you got her back try Buellsterparts for the ignition/gas cap/set lock combo...evilbay too...are your seat rails broken?

I see the crack, sucks...surdyke.com or newcastleHD would be a start for 'em, good luck

my friend has a ss tail he is willing to sell. ill send him this thread.

Not too bad considering I guess? Glad you got it back! Good luck rebuilding it.

That's a good pic of why axle sliders are a good idea. I may use it if you don't mind?

Somerset is about 45 miles south of me. Believe me I chased down a fee bikes to see if it was mine. Kona that would be awesome! Have at it 50. do I get some free ones for the free advertisement!:D

Bike thieves need to be beaten, then dragged behind a vehicle for as long as the bike was gone, ie; months. Might not be much meat left when you get done towing them around behind your car/truck, but who cares?

Btw, the crack can probably be repaired (welded, smoothed back down and then re-coated) if you don't want to buy new.

Have at it 50. do I get some free ones for the free advertisement!
    Thanks man! Not free but maybe a discount. ;)

PS - I agree with Dean! :p

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast