, idles, perfect, reset" /> idle problem

Thread: idle problem

Ok, so I've got all my mods done and my bike back together but I have a problem with the idle. I did the TPS reset (I have a 2009 XB9) and it idles perfect around 1100 rpm with the clutch pulled in. When I let the clutch out (in neutral) the rpm's go up 200 rpm's? Anything you can think of that I should look at?

Check your Throttle cables and the Rechecking of TPS is simple with your year of Bike. When out Riding the Bike if the Bike Responds properly and doesn't rev up at any other time then Reset the TPS(Key Turn Method) for 08+Buells after the Engine has warmed up for a bit. It isn't often but I have seen a Clutch that causes that RPM Scale Slippage to go up/ but a Very Small Adjustment in the Clutch May need checked . The Easy and Small Things First. Hope this helps.*Jimi

Is your neutral light working? Check it in a dark garage and see if it flickers. I had a similar problem which turned out to be a bad neutral switch.

Search youtube for jirffe108, you'll see a video of my symptoms.

Is your neutral light working? Check it in a dark garage and see if it flickers. I had a similar problem which turned out to be a bad neutral switch.

Search youtube for jirffe108, you'll see a video of my symptoms.
    hum, this is interesting....... I'll have to look into this some more.
    My neutral light works but I had to to some modifications to the wiring due to to the install of my Motogadget motoscope mini.

It is possible the Neutral Safety Switch is involved plus the Neutral Light if that is where the wiring has been tapped into. The Mods we do sometimes doesn't go quite as planned.
    And the Electrical areas on any Vehicle can be somewhat trickier due to yearly changes.
    The 200 Rpms is a lot and over time can add up to wear and tear of your Bike parts.
    Not to mention you may need the Rpms to get out of the way someday[ hope not] but with Sport type bikes it is an Expected thing to people that all Sport Type Bikes are Rockets with TWO Wheels.
    If you are adding some Goodies to your
    Ride remove it from your Engines Electrical then test it, without the part [miniscope] first added. Then Adjust the Clutch [IF] necessary.
    After that Try to add the MiniScope back & with a Fuse Link of course for protection of circuits maybe 10/amps depending on what you are adding or what the MiniScope ReQuires for your ride. The Fuse box may or might be best for this, & hopefully way less wiring and you can find add on plug in terminals usually found at Napa in the Electrical area.
    It will be a Contained packaged Multi assortment with different sizes and usually brass colored. They will just plug right in for your add on and as always be safe and Seal up the Electrical properly so no Water gets in. Hope that is all it is. Good Luck. *Jimi

I've noticed that the clutch engaged switch has an effect on idle speed, with my EBR ECM any way, clutch fully in it idles at 900-950 in gear, ease the clutch out just a little and it rises to about 1100, but only when in gear, if it is in neutral, it doesn't effect the idle, with that nugget of info, I would check if it will crank in neutral-no clutch, then Neutral with clutch, then in gear-with clutch, and finally in gear-no clutch ( be very careful with this last step, just check if starter will bump over), Let us know what you find out