Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sound. D&d vs hawk?

Truth, I say do it yourself. I did and couldn't be happier with the end result.

Custom "Corvette" exhaust

Dannevance, I have a custom pipe, getting the fueling correct is tough, It also makes terrible power below 2k.

Yeah I had trouble data logging my hawk. With the huge open chamber it seems to loose a lot of velocity in the exhaust flow. I put on my Magnaflow I made and after 1 datalog ride it was cherry. Much smoother then the hack. It didn't loose any low end and pulls better all the way to red line. I actually pulled fuel out of the map for the Magnaflow vs the hack in the mid range

Great info thuren, thanks! Squidbuellies vid really showed me the volume difference between the two. I plan to put a D&D on my 1200.

These are all good points and it's nice to hear your tuning experiences with them as we don't hear that as much but we must remember that the Hawk is less than half the cost of the D&D and therefore is still a great bargain for the Bueller on a budget. I'm pretty happy with mine...Could it be better? Probably, but I'm not ready to say that they're no good. It was the perfect pipe for the budget that I had at the time especially if the other option is a Jardine that loses power & packing and falls apart after some time. Personally, if I wanted to drop some significant coin on an exhaust for my XB12, I'd be contacting Dean! Not trying to stir up the ****...Just sayin'...

I totally agree 50dro. For the price the hawk is a great option. Heck the one in Alex's video is my old hawk.

The main reason I bought a hawk was I was under the impression some special baffling was installed in the hawk. But after getting it to my knowledge it was a hollow stock pipe with a new end and 3 inch outlet.

Awesome video squidbuellie Leave it up to you for these comparison topics. :p

Got a vid of a drummer next to a D&D?!?!?!?! lol

next spring, I can get together with Kevin and do a side by side. I think he has a drummer Ss.
    Got a vid of a drummer next to a D&D?!?!?!?! lol
    But the next one i think I'm going to do is Micron Vs Dean with dyno numbers.

I literally drool over the keda:) I really like my hawk on my 9, just looking to make a little more racket on my 12 haha.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345