Thread: Upper Triple Paint

Hi all.

Need to paint the used upper triple I just got for my XB12r. Where can I get the "correct" silver paint?

Thank you all very much.

Not sure on paint, but I know a nearly exact match for powder coat. Do you have a guy in your area that can do this? It's pretty inexpensive.

Thank you very much. I will have to see if therte is someone near me. Is it powdercoated from the factory?

Inactive
    XB9 liquid silver frame paint is the same as well as Mopar argent silver rally wheel paint. ASB has the frame paint-your local Chrysler or Dodge dealer has or can order a spray can of he argent silver wheel paint from Mopar performance.

Is it powdercoated from the factory?
    Not sure I think it's painted.

If you powdercoat then find some other parts you want done. The cost will be the same for 1 part or 5.

The only reason I say it may not be powder coated originally is because I asked my powder coater and he said he wasn't sure but it seemed way too thin to be powder.

For reference, I had both my triples, fairing stay, front master cylinder, and clutch lever perch done for ~$160. I thought that was pretty reasonable. He currently has my wheels, rear pulley, calipers, rear caliper bracket, and license plate bracket and that is $225. Again IMO very reasonable.

I can say the new powder I got is substantially thicker and more durable than factory coating.

JMO but I'd take a redone piece than brand new one for the same price because I think the aftermarket is better(at least what my guy does).

Makes sense. I guess it depends what you want.

I am keeping my bike and want it to look good and last so that's why I went this route. Some people aren't as picky and are ok with a cheap paint job that may last 1 year before peeling, or they know they will be selling within that time, etc... In that case it's not worth spending the money on powder.