Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 07 ULY for sale $7,500

Black Uly with 14,300 miles, Pirelli Scorpion sync front and Pirelli Scorpion Trail on back, comfort kit fan duct work under seat, has '10 factory large RSS, Buell Racing ECU and air filter, heated hand grips, ECMSPY program with cable, Breather reroute, both headlight mod (depin and repined connector), Stebel air horn, all records of services and mods since new, use Mobil 1 V-Twin in motor since 10k, and HD oil in primary. Still have all original removed stock parts such as horn, non-heated grips and switch gear, 07 RSS, airfilter and ECU.
    Bike is well maintained and never been dropped. It has some light scratches from trees on left side scoops when I was challeged on the bikes offroad prowess and had to defend her honor. Front windscreen was painted with silver stripe that matches the chin fairing.
    The reason for selling is medical, I can no longer ride it longer than 30 mins without serious joint pain. I have not ridden her since september but really hate to get rid of it. She will probably find a place next to my 1977 KZ1000 in long term basement storage.
    You can PM me or call me by checking out my profile to get the number.
    I know the price can be considered high but you'll get what you pay for.

Forgot to add some pics, the bike is covered in a crowded garage right now so this is the best I have for right now.

Not trying to be a jerk, but asking $2,000 over book value? I think you're aiming a bit high.

It is a nice looking bike though.

I think you're aiming a bit high.
    Aiming a bit high? I think he is high. I could buy two xb12's for $7500. I really don't like commenting about prices because I believe it helps raise the values of Buells but this is just absurd.

Well guys, good call. I did not look up NADA book value before posting. I was just going off the few I seen for sale that had high mileage or damage going for 5 to 6. Damn, I guess these bikes aren't worth **** now.
    I forgot to include that it comes with a Buell city screen half cover, maintanace manual, a spare exhaust can, front and rear motor mounts.
    Anyhow, not that it matters much but the bike has substantial sedimental value, it was my last Afghanistan deployment bonus money gift to myself. Thanks for the laugh when I read "I think he is high", I needed it. I am on Oxycodone much of the time now to help deal with my Lupus symptoms. Sometimes I forget to stop sipin my shine after I take my pill.;)
    I took couple took a few more crappy garage pics.

Just like anything it is worth what someone will pay for it. If it is a perfect example why not ask 7500. I paid more then book for my 1125CR because it had insanely low miles and I knew the previous owner and how he took care of his multiple bikes so I knew the bike was babied and prestine. I was willing to pay a little more to get that perfect example and it didn't hurt that it was modded exactly how I would of done it.

To be honest though, you got me a little excited. I'm considering selling my Uly, I was thinking I wouldn't get more than a couple grand for it.

Spud and Buellysses,

If you can wait 2-3 months, why not just try to sell it in the spring when buyers come out looking? The majority of buyers will be itching to get on a bike in the spring, while the majority of sellers are trying to unload their bikes now before the cold months. So, you're already going to have to price it more aggressively based on the fact that you're interesting in selling during a time when you'll find fewer buyers willing to buy a recreational vehicle. If you can, wait until February or March to post it for sale. You'll receive more interest.

Good luck to you both.

Sprk;
    I appreciate the input. I realize this isn't the time to be selling a bike. I'm really not in that big of a hurry to get rid of it, just wanted to throw it out there. If it sells it sells, if it doesn't I can sit on it till spring. I found a warm cozy home for it for the winter, snuggled up next to the Victory I just bought. Nothing better than buying a bike in the winter, she listed it 2 months ago at 10k, I watched it go all the way down to 8. =) 2009 Vegas 8-ball with about 2,200 miles on it.

Very solid advice though, thank you.
    -Adam

Stick to your Guns. Before HD ****ed us this is what our bikes would be selling for. **** the "Blue Book" there are no more new bikes, the price is set by us, the buyers and sellers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast