Thread: would this fit my bike

found this muffler on craigs list its for a 98 Buell Lightening and i have a 2001 but i am not with my bike right now to compare the mounting brackets what do u guys think i will post the listing http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy...fxd*0*sfxd*0@@

which muffler.. i would hope you would offer the guuy 150 for the sidewinder exhaust.. pry sounds better than the vance and hines and i think the header uses a little larger diameter tubing as well.. looks ceramic coated as well

i was going to get both lol if it will fit

ah good idea.. im thinking so.. not sure though

i think that the Vance and Hines Muffler may fit but the header on the sidewinder exhaust looks to be different from other pictures i have seen on the internet since i dont have my bike to look at right now its kinda hard for me to tell

The 98 would be for a S1.... the header pipe will not fit your 01. The 98 header goes over the frame, the 01 goes under/behind the frame.

I am not sure if the muffler will fit either... not sure if the collector on a 98 and 01 are in the same location.... also, since i have never owned a 98... the pipe diameter may be smaller.. I have read some pre 99 bikes did have i think a 2" exhaust instead of a 2.5"... but im not sure how old those bikes were.

thank you i will have the guy measure the exhaust to see what the size is and i will have him send me some more pictures to try and see if it will meet up with my collector

Thanks

Bill

Nope, wont fit. The '98 and older bikes the collector points to the left and the '99-'02 bikes curve around and point to the rear. The muffler bodies are the same, where they connect to the header is different.
    Matt

thanks matt for the help keeps me from buying somthing i would have to put too much time into to make fit right looks like i may have to just buy a new D&D