Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help!!!!

so if you want to upgrade the belt to persay an 05 belt because i have the pos 03 setup ,i have had the bike since january and im on my third belt and it is quite aggravating...and damn expensive i would need both front and rear sprockets and the belt? where could i find one?!?!?!?!

I have an '03 and running the original belt, have just shy of 58k on her! ...how do you ride? are you hard on her? is she kept out in the elements? what's you're maintenance routine/schedule like? have you spilled any brake fluid / oil / WD40 on the belt? these are some factors that will affect the belt's life

you'll have to replace the front and rear drive pulley's, the idler pulley and belt to get away from the '03 set up, ASB has the complete kit to do the switch

So if I get an 04 belt I wouldn't have to change the pulleys or sprockets on the bike at all ? If so what is the part number. For this

You can buy all of the parts you need used off ebay and a new belt from harley and it will cost you about $210
    Also this post might help you out too.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...p-belt-system.

I'm 21 and I'm not super hard on my bike but i do get on it on in some curves and i have raised the front wheel up a handful of times but most of the time its cruising with my buddies. is it just www.asb.com? i keep my belt away from anything that could mess it up and still got 2600 miles out of a brand new ,yes people brand new, oem belt from harley

I would check the sprockets and idler to make sure there isn't any damage or burs on them.

my dad said the same thing and hes been dealing with belt drives for a long time lol but no no burs or damage. could it have been a bad belt i mean i know thats a long shot and there is not a warranty so idk i just dont wanna get shafted again

So I'm not sure if the guy I bought the bike from upgraded it or not ...how many teeth would be on the front sprocket for the 04 upgrade and how many teeth on the rear sprocket upgrade ....sorry to be a pain just didn't see it in the forum maybe because I'm frantically searching again thx a lot guys good to know motorcycle guys have each others back......to bad my wife never understands why I'm on the forum so much lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12