Thread: Oil leak on clutch cable

Hi guys, not sure if this is a common problem or an easy fix, but every now and again I spot a bit of oil and grub on the cable. I s this just a simple seal to replace? I need to do a proper clutch adjustment this holiday, might as well tackle this.

Thanx!

Pretty simple, just an O-Ring in the case, mine is leaking too, but I'm waiting to get a new cable before I replace

Cool, great to know, thanx!

I will tackle it somewhere in the holidays.

If its leaking between the ferrule and the cable housing the only way to fix it is to replace it. Thats what happened to mine when it was doing that. Clean it off and try to determine if its coming from between the ferrule and cable housing, or between the ferrule and the primary cover which can be fixed with a new o ring. Do not over-tighten the ferrule, they break easily.

I had the same problem too!…Know what I did?
    This is not sarcastic either, I wondered WTH because I only had the bike a few weeks and its leaking?
    I took a crescent wrench and tightened it up. Was actually a little loose from vibration. Just don't over tighten it and u should be GTG. Lemme know if it works for you.

I took a crescent wrench and tightened it up. Was actually a little loose from vibration.
    I've had to tighten mine up a few times, going to try a find a better fix this winter.

Guys, sorry I forgot to mention that as I was tightening it up…as I removed the wrench to get another bite on the nut it wanted to twist back out again do to the torsion on the cable. Pull down your flex boot in the middle of the cable and slightly loosen the adjoining nuts and this will give you the ability to tighten it w/o it wanting to back out again naturally. When done, tighten the nuts back as they were and slide the boot back down…Done.;)

Mine looks just like yours wally. Mby even a little worse. I just dont even pay attention to it anymore. Clean it off when I wash the bike, and then let it go till next wash.