Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad News for Gun Lovers

Mason,
    99% of hand guns and nearly the same for assault based rifles are instruments of death??? That's what they are made for. To kill other people.
    I myself have lots if guns. i am an avid hunter and am in no fear of losing my guns, turn the fox down a bit and listen to some cspan. No one is taking our guns, no one has said they are. Direct quote from Obama was that he wanted mental health as easy to get as a gun. Not too abstract of a thought??? Not once did he say he would barge into our homes to take our guns. It's impossible, we all know it.
    The media and far left are goin crazy with the gun scare right now. However, logic will take hold in a bit and things will calm down.

Hah, just got a line on about 20k rounds of .223 ammo. A buddy of mine I used to work with said he had all of the stuff he bought back in 2007, roughly 40k rounds and he said he'd sell 1/2 of it to me.

WIN!

We all got scared last time Obama took office and gun laws did nothing but get better. Gun meme just for fun.

That poster is pretty funny, however, it would be the person pushing the toast into the toaster that toast toast :)

99% of hand guns and nearly the same for assault based rifles are instruments of death??? That's what they are made for. To kill other people.
    Were the question marks placed with intent or was that a statement?

Sure, every handgun or semi-auto rifle ever produced has the capacity to end life. So does every knife, be it a fixed blade tactical weapon or a 36 feature swiss army. To say that all ARs and handguns are produced with the singular purpose of ending life, human or otherwise, is dreadfully limiting to say the least.

Furthermore, I'm not worried one bit about anyone taking the guns I already own. I'm most worried about my options for future purchases being woefully limited.

I agree on most of the comments being made on here, and I want you to know that I respect you all. However, there are several assumptions made on here that are woefully inaccurate.

Growing up, my father was a registered Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder, and only let it expire recently due to the BATF anal exam he had to endure while having it. He is also a custom gunsmith, and also growing up, I attended a gun show nearly 20 weekends out of the year. Through those events, I was privileged enough to meet several nice people to include some celebrities. With the passage of the Brady Bill in 1993, the National Instant Check System (NICS) was established. Now, in order for a person to buy from a dealer, whom are the majority of the people who are exhibitors at these shows, the person must be cleared through the NICS system AND wait the requisite time dictated by the Brady Bill or local statute, whichever is greater.

In order for an individual to sell to another individual, there is little regulation for this since there would be little to no way to police it. This is how a buddy can sell a hunting rifle, pistol, shotgun... to their neighbor, friend, or whomever. There is no way to stop people from buying on what is called a "straw sale". This is where an honest person clears the checks with the knowledge they are going to sell the firearm they just bought to someone that would not pass the background check. The people that are caught doing this are committing a Federal felony. There will always be dishonest people, it is how society, not the law, deals with it that is the difference. With many criminals becoming celebrities, they consider this a reward since they go from nobodies to infamy in a muzzle flash.

To say that there is no need to own a firearm with an extended magazine is the same as saying that there is no reason to own a motorcycle with more than 25 horsepower. That vehicle will still achieve the desired result, getting you from one place to another, but will likely not allow the rider to exceed the speed limit on the open road. Many people shoot for sport, i.e. clay pigeons/skeet, target shooting, etc. This is their hobby. Granted, a single shot will allow you to shoot the skeet or targets, it is not as much of a sport. The same can be said of the machines we ride and tinker with. There is no reason I need more than 82 HP (Dynoed 3 weeks after I bought my XB12STT showroom new) for my bike. It will allow me to go fast enough to kill myself and others. It is another hobby that, if performed improperly, will and has created its own culture of outlaws.

As far as the fully automatic firearms, another user mentioned that there is a lot of paperwork required to own one, and that is 100% correct. However, most people will never be eligible to own a Class III FFL (Automatic firearm license). There is a tremendous amount of background checking, expense, time, and effort that goes in to being eligible. The requirements for the permit also dictate how the firearm(s) will be housed, stored, and used. Then it is up to the issuing agency's discretion whether to issue that license. IF a person is able to get the permit, then there is the expense of buying one of these firearms. With there being as few available to private citizens as there are, and an even smaller clientele available to buy them legally, the cost is prohibitive. Further, if one of these is ever stolen, the Class III is revoked for ALL eligible firearms, and will rarely be re-issued.

Sorry for my rant, but I wanted to impart some education for those who might be curious.

It was for rhetorical sarcasm (???) ;):p

Wow loving this thread guys, knowledgable guys on here! Currently looking at getting my first AR-15 soon, all this talk lately is making me worried I won't be able to down the road!

You will, you just might have to go through different channels to get it lol

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast