Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PROS & CONS of after market rearsets

Buell fellows,
    Can you please share the pros and cons of the after market rearsets?
    Thanks,
    :)

Pros
    -Adjustable
    -Some can be sizes to riders feet
    -Some have easier to find parts now
    -Look preference

Cons
    -Cost
    -Some sets are not sold by pieces if you need replacement parts

I have Woodcraft rearsets on my bike. Pro's adjustablity, I was able to rotate the foot position back and down, this my 38" more leg room without sacrificing ground clearence. Strength, stock pegs are made of some sort of soft metal and butter, IE, if your bike things it might possiblely have the option of maybe kinda falling over, or sliding maybe or might could possibely touch a peg down, the pegs break off. My left Woodcraft is a bit ground down :D GP shift. I have big feet(think size 13), Using a Uly shift linkage shaft, I flipped the shift pattern to GP as my large arse foot has a hard time getting under the shifter at even modest lean angles.(Woodcraft shifter has two holes for shift linkage).

Down sides, they are expensive. They don't really "match up" to the frame. What I mean by that, the rearset mounts are recessed more in the rear than the front, and stock rearsets have varying thickness to match up. The Woodcrafts are one thickness, so you have a overhang of the frame in the rear, and the rearset sticks out in the front. That said, it makes the bolts stick out enough that it was easy to drill the heads and safety wire the rearsets in place...

Great inputs!
    Do you have brand preferences? I found the pictured rearsets from China.

I just bought those China made once on Ebay. Got them last week, but haven't had a chance to install, and giver feedback, as promised to my fellow Bueller's here.

But from just opening the box and examining them, they appear pretty decent. A lot better than I had expected. They are drilled for four different adjustments. Which seem to be from stock to extreme (cramping). My only complaints so far without installing them would be the instructions (for those who are not mechanically inclined,but not my problem) really vague, and some of the bolts and screws seem cheap. So I will buy all new grade 8 bolts and use lock tight. But I would buy them again. Nice alternative to the Woodcraft when on a budget. And that is just my assessment. Hope this helps.

I ordered them last Dec 25th and estimated delivered Jan 3rd, 2013. I paid $179.95 free shipping.
    Let me know about the bolts specs to get ready.

THNAKS AGAIN !

:)

I ordered those in orange, when I get back will let you know how they do.

anyone have a picture of the chinese edition on their bike?

I thought that "rear sets" or solid mounted foot pegs were for more "feel" and control of input by the rider? I have not ridden a road bike without them in many years. I have Woodcrafts on my 09 XB12R, they rock for the $$$'s and they sell parts. Support US motorcycle racing, buy from the Wood brothers!

Stock pegs are cast and very brittle, they snap , the broken end left on the bike could "high side" the bike in a slide. The Woodcraft pegs are a higher quality metal and will grind away in a crash and hopefully not dig in. This is what my 1098's peg looked like after a 80+ mph low side. Peg ground away, the bike just slid and did not flip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast