Thread: Skully?

Any one pre order the skully ar-1? Pretty cool looking. Any thoughts ?

Expensive...but cool looking.

I will be a new rider, do you think that it's worth it to see behind you?. I trust myself on a bike but the idiots in cars these days.

No. If you want to see behind you use your mirrors. Or get a Reevu.

I was excited and followed the Skully until they put up the price...nevermind.

I worry more about the cars in front of or beside me. Bar-end mirrors for when I want to see back. Anything inside my helmet would feel like a distraction to me.

Yeah I was bummed when I saw the price. Like really.... 1400$ come on that's like half a motorcycle. Shouldn't be more than 800...

From what ive seen it appears to be a fairly cheap helmet they are using similar to a speed and strength model.

I'm not sure the Skully is worth the price. But there is one distinct advantage to running the rearview mirror through your helmet a lot of riders don't think about. You can tilt and turn your helmet to see what you want. That gives a lot more visability you normally don't get from rear view mirrors and looking over your shoulder.

I've been running a Reevu helmet for a couple years now. I won't even look at another helmet until I can get the same functionality.

great idea but I'd wait... helmet technology is only advancing as more and more electronics are being thrown into everything that is marketable.... price is definitely NOT worth it... unless you are independently wealthy and need something to spend your extra coin on. In that case why not.