Thread: Firebolt "Fan" problems maybe?

cel came on. Headlight flickering. Flickering was loose bulb connection. Looked up codes looked like fan code. Removed fan, fan runs with alt power, reinstalled. Let sit for a couple months. Lately, replaced battery. Fresh fluid all holes. Runs fine. I'm thinking replace fan and go from there? Actually would rather sale it, if Ihad to dig out the elec harness. Any thoughts?

Run it get it hot, does the fan come on when shut off? Has the trouble code returned?

Run it get it hot, does the fan come on when shut off? Has the trouble code returned?
    Did that. With temps around 50 deg, couldn't reach 400 deg probably. Fan never did come on. Even after 30 min idle/ride. Maybe a fuse. Idk

Anyone have an extra/left-over firebolt fan laying around? They don't want? Aren't using?

did you check the fuse? when you removed the fan did you inspect it? any shavings around the shaft of the fan, any unusual noise coming from the fan? any oil on the fan? what other codes did you get if any?

If not a fuse more than likely a short in the wire. Broke, burnt wire or loose pin. Least likely ecm not turning it on.

Was covered in oil, grease and dirt. Removed fan, cleaned with brak-kleaner, tested with alt power, tested good. Worked. Would cel come on with bad fuse? And bike not over-heating? Maybe ecm that was used for replacement. '05 ecm in an '07. Idles at 1050 rpm, tps is responsive, new battery, new fluids, same fan and threw codes which I thought was "36" three fast, pause, six fast pause.

low voltage at pin 6 of the ECM terminal 11 (gray connector) possibly and was the fan fuse blown? CEL will light up, check the engine temp sensor also...download the service manual from the link above if you don't already have one, you want to go to Code 36 Test (part 2 of 2- fan does not run) in the trouble shooting chart, chapter 4, if you don't have it, I can scan and email it to you...pm me if you need it, hope this helps

I thought about et sensor, haven't looked yet. Got the manual. Et sensor might have blown when it overheated last spring. Engine got hot, shut-off, cooled after 30 min, then rode home.