Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on this close call video

Not saying I follow speed limits but there is a reason that race tracks are built. Keep it on the track. Thats why us sport bike riders get such a bad wrap!

No matter how great of a driver you think you are you still have to drive for everyother bad driver you share the road with. He clearly was speeding and taking chances. I'd say if he were going slower the would be no close call because he wouldn't be hugging the corner. Always leave a buffer zone between you and others both for stopping and turning and you don't find your self on a simular situation.
    At least he was wearing gear!

Well first..... They're* on the wrong side of the road......
    lol

Motorcycle guy is an idiot!

Here in the states, you pretty much need to expect the cagers to be dumb ****s. Everyone is playing on the phone or reading the paper, etc...

As a rider, you should try your best to keep away from those folks (any cage on the road) that could possible wander lanes.

This rider was on the far side of the lane closest to oncoming traffic and leaning over some. He wasnt on a track, if your going to ride that fast on a public road, at least stay on the side of your lane away from traffic.

Now for the driver of the car, open your M0$#&R F@$&1NG eyes in stay in your own lane!!

I fully support any laws banning talking, texting, emailing while driving. All focus should be on the road and the road only.

Just ride safe everyone... and know if you ride fast and right next to the center line like this guy, you might get your head knocked off from #1 riding like an idiot and #2 having to share the road with other idiots..

It's completely possible for two parties in the same accident to be negligent.

Although everyone of us speeds at times and try to mimic what we see on MotoGP and AMA, the truth is the rider was hugging the inside stripe in the apex of a turn with other vehicles oncoming. He could've actually been in the outside lane hugging that lanes inside line with an entire lane serving as a buffer while accomplishing the same goal of a tight line.

His speed was such that he wouldn't have been able to make an evasive maneuver safely if that car would've been out 2 more feet.

The other side of the coin is the driver of the car crossed over the center line, period. Regardless of a stalled car on his side.

In my opinion, both are negligent, both are equally responsible for the close call. And that's my arm chair quarterback judgement! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12