Thread: Another head light question

Hybrid View

Just another head light question here.

The other day I painted my head light housings just like everyone else does. It helped my light output a good bit but I am still really not that happy with it. It is a lot better, but not what I would call really good. It already has 55w bulbs in it and they are very bright but I know a better reflective coating would probably fix the problem that all of us seem to have.

I looked but had found nothing on this idea…. I know it sounds like a real jury rig but what about taking heavy duty tinfoil and carefully shaping it, shiny side out, to the inside of the light housing. I know there is no way you could keep all the wrinkles out of it but would some wrinkles even matter?

I was just thinking that it would be a very cheap and simple thing to try and it would hold up to the heat for sure.

Anybody have any thoughts on it or ever try it?

I went to new château Harley Davidson/buell in new stronghold PA. You have to convey a reinforcement visor (clear one) or ride with clear security glasses and have your visor up! I rode home one night with my tinted visor.

I think he's using a translate app? Or it's an oddly accurate spam-bot? 2020 has already proven to be weird.

I have fitted a pair of 35w 6000k HIDs (generic brand from a NZ supplier) and they are magic, my low beam reflector is dull and previously was noticeably dimmer with the 55w Halogens, I could easily out ride them at legal speeds, not a problem now.
    I haven't (yet) run separate cables or relays for the HIDs though I have fitted a 10 second timer to the low beam so that it doesn't come on till the bike is running, this is so that the starting currents don't potentially fry the HID ballast.
    It is great to know you are more visible on the road and I have been running them for a couple of months now and haven't been flashed by anyone because they are too bright.