Thread: new purchase

just yesterday i picked up a nother buell 98 s3. This thing is completely tore down i am talking bare frame. I was told from the seller that he was originally only going to change the shift drum then decided to have everything powder coated. The frame, swing arm and fork tubes are all some weird brown and a ton of other things are gloss black. the bike was tore down in 2006 and the guy never put it back together. he sold it because he is moving out of the country in two weeks. i picked it up for 300 bucks! So now the process has started of going through the many boxes that the bike is in, to see what i have and dont. i am missing the rear tail section, gas tank and fairing. i do have the front fender and rear along with the belt guards which are brand new carbon fiber. not sure what route i want to go with this, since i am new to tubbers i am not sure what parts in finding are interchgeable. any info would be a great help.

maybe lay out your parts and take pics, post 'em and get feed back on what you may not have/need...post pics of the build if you proceed with putting her back together, you could call Al at ASB to pick his brain about tubers, he carries parts for 'em to, good luck

Still looking for a tank. will a tank from an S1 or m2 fit? Also how much of a pain would it be to put an s1 tail on the s3 just not a fan of the long tail section

the tank from the s1 should work as long as it's correct set up, carbed or fuel injected. frame on the rear is different so the tail section won't work.

I am leaning more towards the m2 tank since there are more of them out there. Was the m2 and the s3 the same tank? And yes it is going to be carb'd still

Do not use a torque wrench on your drain plug please

And what relevance does that have to my question?

It's advice, for you. Take it....lol