Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1125 NHTSA Investigation

They addressed Harley in the letter. I'm sure they would be somewhat responsible seeing they still own many of the rights and are the parent company. GM still recalls Pontiac.

It would probably be cheaper to make the modifications than fight the government. Just to gather and present all the information demanded by the NHTSA would be pretty expensive and demanding. The penalties and fines of omitting data can be pretty expensive. It may be easy to tell each one of us to take a hike individually and take their chances. The NHTSA? Not so much.

Looking through some other motorcycle recalls - it appears there have been recalls for much less severe issues. Lots of them were either possible break failures or stalling. Harley is recalling 2013 VRSCDX because the license plate bracket could come loose and contact the brake line.

It says the NHTSA received 38 complaints about this and that gave them enough reason to contact HD?

****! Lets all contact NHTSA with our stator issues! I would love to have a actual fix recall.

Wouldnt it be funny if they have to do a recall and fix the problem from an other source? And that other source being EBR's fix! That would be awesome.

Posting so I can see the results....

Nice find Gio. Very curious to see what comes of the investigation.

Same as puzzled.

Please file a complaint on the nhtsa website. They need to know this isn't limited to a few people. They also need to be aware of how dangerous this can be. Let them know when and how this has threatened your safety. NHTSA only gets involved if it is a safety issue. Let them know if you had the electrical upgrade tsb completed. Let them know if you complained to Harley. If the stator has been replaced in or out of warranty. Who replaced it. Let them know if you resolved it and how. If Harley doesn't provides records that doesn't match the complaints, they NHTSA will go after them for kicking the can down the street.

I posted the complaint link on badweb and got flamed over there, saying that nothing would be done and it was a waste of time. Guess not!
    i love how the one guy said it was fake and the other basically said its your own problem there is a major design flaw. apparently my login no longer works over there. i prob got banned by phroggy reading my comments over here. or not logging in for years over there.

It is a huge safety problem. I had my voltage regulator go because of my upgraded stator and riding home yesterday trying to get it back home anytime I wasn't idling my bike had a system voltage error and cut off the dash. Well found out it also cut out not only my headlight but also my tail and brake light. So I was trying to limp her home only to almost get rearended about 20 times and when I was trying to figure out why these people weren't stopping behind me someone told me my taillight wasn't on. Thanks Harley. That's a huge safety concern to me. So basically I'm stuck with a garage ornament since a new VR didn't fix my issue and I can't ride with no lights and there is nothing else to replace. Found out apparently the stock VR is not good enough anymore and I have to try and source a non-stock one after dumping 160 bucks for a new stock one and a new relay. Don't have another 150 to dump into another aftermarket VR so this is making me really want to just get rid of this thing. I bought a second Buell because I love my XB so much and wanted the bad boy 1125 for nice days and group rides. Now I wish I'd of just bought something else.

i love how the one guy said it was fake and the other basically said its your own problem there is a major design flaw.
    I know, all I do is sit back and laugh at that website. Hey Badweb 1995 called and they want their website back! Lol

This was a good find Giovanni and Welcome to Buellxb! I hope this may restore hope to the 1125 crowd!

Also like Giovanni said, if you haven't filed a complaint and told your story, please do so!

Wow Great find if it wasn't for the stator issue i would still have my 1125r still miss it most days.
    I filed a complaint about the time i had my third stator put in:o

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast