Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1125 NHTSA Investigation

I wrote a complaint to NHTSA on every safety issue that arose in my eyes. It is your duty as a consumer to report issues that may endanger your life or someone elses life due to mechanical failure!

My title has "Harley Davidson" in it I think..when I get home ill re-post on here.
    Can anyone verify that, by looking at their bike title?

Nice just picked up my 1125 last summer been.worried about this. Hope it gets fixed now.

"I know, all I do is sit back and laugh at that website. Hey Badweb 1995 called and they want their website back! Lol "

Except weren't you the first one to post this over there red93stang?

I don't know why you guys bag on bad web....no one ever gets flamed on this forum.

"I know, all I do is sit back and laugh at that website. Hey Badweb 1995 called and they want their website back! Lol "

Except weren't you the first one to post this over there red93stang?

I don't know why you guys bag on bad web....no one ever gets flamed on this forum.
    he was trying to share something useful about a potential fix for the problem, and it got shot down. Im speculating he is a lot less likely to share new information about it now. People get flamed here for being stupid not trying to be helpful. This thread is a perfect example. Read the responses here and compare them to badweb about the original content.

I just think it's amazing that HD only has 30 days (ish) to respond. I understand that most of the info requested is just a database query, but still...

I just think it's amazing that HD only has 30 days (ish) to respond.Â* I understand that most of the info requested is just a database query, but still...
    I was thinking that too. Especially being in a time of year when many people take vacations. I bet they were scrambling.

My Title says Buell. Yeah, I checked out Badweatherbikers and there was a dickhead or two. BAF is so awesome the rest of us should go get vasectomies so we don't continue to spread our inferior genes.

Does anyone else think that Harley was just trying to, as I said "kick the can down the road"? Is it possible they knew of the problem and the safety issues, but thought the harness modification would just get them to the green zone and cover their ass? Prolonging the inevitable until Buell was gone long enough to say, tough ****? That's why it's important to file the complaint. They are trying to find gaps in Harley's truth. If it's discovered, Harley knew more than they reported to the NHTSA, they are going to be fined big time like Toyota did. They are required by law to report known safety issues voluntarily.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/PR/DOT-216-10

If they knew they had to modify the rotor, upgrade the voltage regulator, upgrade the stator, etc. to correct the problem permanently but they played dumb thinking the cheaper and easier harness upgrade would show they took action and clear them long enough, they'll be in trouble. That would mean they weighed the costs and decided saving money was more important than our safety. Anyone seen Fight Club???

I'd imagine a IRS audit is less intimidating than that letter from the NHTSA. They can't tell the NHTSA to **** off either.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast