Thread: Rebuilding an M2

I need some suggestions on possibly rebuilding my M2. I have a 2002 M2 Cyclone that I have owned since 2003 that is mostly custom. About 2 years ago I was in an accident on it and have some front end damage. Since the accident it has been sitting in a garage. I desperately want to get this thing up and running and would love any insight on what I should look into fixing since it hasn't been started in 2 years.

I hooked up a jump box and it gets power and all the lights work but it wont kick over. I think the handlebar control switch may be bad since it won't click over. If anybody out there can give me advice or insight it would be much appreciated. Looking to give a tuber new life!

Thanks

Try a batt first the jumper may not have the cca needed. You will need it anyhow . Drain gas - put in fresh.
    Try to start again
    What else is broke?pics may help.

Pics?

If you dint drain the fuel and dry out the card ur probably gonna have a hell of a time gettin it to start after 2 years. I used to cus mine after letting it sit for the winterbcuz it was. Such a pain to start that first time. A carb cleaning may be needed and probably a good battery.

Are m2's carbed? Or fi? If carbed you need to go through and clean out all jets .

I want a tuber , just freakin cool bikes!!?

I miss my M2...

They are carbureted, so at the very minimum you will need to pull the carb and clean it out real good. 2-years is a long time to have fuel sitting in the carb. Good luck getting it back together, as was already asked - what all was damaged? Since it's cabureted, it takes a lot of the electrical problems out of the picture, so it's a bit easier to track down problems.

-Matt

The front end took most of the damage in thr accident. The bars were bent, the headlight bezel and instrument cluster cracked. I had it looked at and luckily the forks aren't bent. I'll try and post a picture of it. It ran great when I went down on it. Since I'm rebuilding it I figured I'd put a little extra love into it. Pulling the carb off this weekend to clean it out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have some carb parts I might be willing to part with if you need something. I've got a bunch of jets, a rebuild kit, intake gaskets, etc. Even though I'd really like to get an M2 again soon, I don't think it'll happen for a while, so if you need something, let me know - I might have it. Also have brand new F/R brake pads.

-Matt