Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire Letters

This is kind of a general motorcycle question, but i'm going for that slightly "boy-racer" dirty look for my bike, carefully putting decals in tasteful places and wrapping the headers along with some pro-taper MX bars.

However, I am very interested in getting yellow or white letter tires for my bike without buying new tires. I know there is tire paint available at autozone for cheap and i work right next door to one....does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I wash my bike MAYBE once a month, so if i have to repaint them once or twice a year, i'm cool with that. Just looking for something that will last more than a week or two.

Yep. Tire paint markers work pretty well. You'll will definitely have to touch up every once in a while but I don't think there are any alternatives..

ok, now i have to decide if i want yellow or white letters. What do you think looks best? It's a 2003 XB9S in yellow. So, the silver frame and wheels. I know that yellow letters on a yellow bike may look like over kill on the yellow, but i think it might look better than the white, especially when the white starts to get dirty. That and it will be more of a fluorescent yellow where my bike it kind of a canary yellow.

Go yellow. It will add a light subtle touch. I think it would look good.

Silver Sharpie

^
    did it stay on well?

It's permanent. You can touch them up as needed too. But basically it does not come off, even with soap and water scrubbing.

I did mine in black so they'd match the black plastics :D

I'm pretty much diggin' the silver sharpie thing. May try it myself and see...

I used a silver paint marker to letter the Dunlops, It worked really good. just dab the letters and the paint will cover the rest. It was so simple I had to do the car as well. I recommend this to everyone. The paint markers are available at walmart or any other hobby/craft store and available in a bunch of colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast