Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought as favor..... Maybe a headache!

May not be a warped rotor..mine did that pulsing when I first got it, checked the air pressure and it was way low.. pumped up the psi to recommended and the pulsing hasnt been back in years. JEEP, check your tire pressure first! If that doesnt do it. pull the rotor and place it up on a pane of glass, if it doesnt wobble, its good enough to use... that means you gotta look elsewhere for the scource of the wobble.

Its been a crazy month between a new job, new house and in a new town but tonight I finally stripped down the XB and holy moly, this kid rigged some stuff! Between an underlight kit that didnt work, wiring everywhere and random bolts used throughout its apart! Here are a couple of small (hopefully) things I hope to get some answers on.
    1. There seemed to be an evident amount of oil glaze on the air bell that goes into the carb. normal?
    2. There was also some oil blowby on the fan at the back of the engine under the seat. Normal?
    3. There is some oil around the gasket between the cylinder and the valve cover. Bad news?

Im actually getting readyl to paint the plastics so we'll see how that goes. I still need to find an exhaust. The kid chopped the stock one up and I think it is creating the engine light. Still havent figured out how to use the ECMspy program to diagnose. I also need a set of drop footpegs at 6'2"

Im actually going to be at the MotoGP race in austin on the 21st if anyone is going?

Ill try and upload some more pics soon. 9

Oil in airbox is normal. You can do a breather re-route and that will solve that issue. Unfortunately oil residue in the fan is quite common. But that's your rear rocker gasket. Common issue , not as simple salution

I still need to find an exhaust.
    What would you be looking for? I know this guy that makes stuff...

I know this guy that makes stuff...
    LOL :p

I guess it depends on price and also the fact of having to remap the ecm if I do exhaust and air filter. Again, ive never done anything with bike ecms im a dirtbike guy. Im use to needles and jets and so forth. So:
    1. How much for custom vs. Someones stocker?
    2. How much programming is involved?

I've been doing a lot of research on that guy.. seems legit!! hey d adams you got any broke college kid discounts on 1125r exhausts?

Did ypu ever get that clutch lever I sent??

Did you ever get that clutch lever I sent??
    I did and its on the bike! Thanks again CT.

Quick question to you guys. I got a set of sport bike stands given to me from a buddy and I'm not real sure how the front fork lift stand is supposed to work when the length of the fork legs are not the same. There are two rubber coated "prongs" on the stand that I assume are to cup the front fork? Amy I crazy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123