Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a little problem.

Been away for a couple of weeks and the temps have dropped in Vegas quite a bit.
    Go to press the start button and takes a brief second before it fires over but then the needles do a sweep the same as when you switch on and the time plus trip meters reset.
    Not sure if the battery is not charging properly or what. Riden the bike for 60 miles + thinking that might do it.... Seems to do this if it sits over night or for long periods of time ( 12hrs+ )
    Bike is a 2005 XB12S ... any ideas???
    Cheers

Administrator
    I have the exact same bike and I has the exact same problem after leaving it at the carbon fiber shop for about a month. Mine ended up being the battery. I replaced it and everything works perfectly.

Is the battery the original? I replaced my battery on my '05 this past spring.

yes it is going to throw it on the trickle charge and see he that makes a difference

That should do it. I'd read about everyone's battery woes and decided to check mine. Hadn't started it in 2 weeks and tried it a few days ago. It did exactly as you described above. Bought a Deltran battery tender, connected to my battery and routed under my seat and leave the connector out next to my rear master cylinder. Plugged in and charged a few days and it starts like a champ now.

got the same one will give it a go
    Cheers

i have an '06 xb that refuses to fire. it started to get cold here in so. OR. so i took it down to my storage unit and left it alone for 7-10 days before trying to start it again, mind you that it ran fine the day i parked it, only to find that it turns over but wont start, sputter, nothing. i have'nt had it for very long, and its only got 1500mi.on it. this is a new type of bike for me and i am trying to locate some technical guidance/assistance/HELP!!! any advice is much appreciated!!

HOVERJOCKI, your problem should be solved with that charger...

leadfoot955, the cold is not kind to your battery. when parking it for several days in the winter or summer, a drip-charger is always a good option to keep that battery fully charged and ready to go.
    it's well worth the investment, it will give your battery an extra few years, easy!

also, for your problem, if the charger doesn't work, take a look at your sparkplugs...do you ride short trips before parking it?

Threw it on the charger for a day and started up like a champ......... going to try and get that line set up so i don't have to keep taking the seat off.
    Thanks for all your input guys.
    Happy New year.
    Justin

when we goin for a ride justin?

its not THAT cold.

you in vegas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast