Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Magnaflow done differently

So the magnaflows are not a chambered muffler like a hawk modified stock... Will they require repacking or since they're welded replaced, such as a jardine will? I also here the jardine causes a loss of bottom end, do the magnaflows as well? I love the sound and look but don't want to sacrifice power.

No, the magnaflow cans are split/straight through internally. I _think_ they have a 1 million mile warranty on them for the packing, but don't quote me on that. They should not need repacked ever. If you look back to the first page, there's a dyno chart from a magnaflow can done on a local dyno here in STL. It made 98 hp at the wheel on a dynojet dyno with a baseline of 90 hp with the same can prior to tuning. I don't know what it made all stock though. You will not be sacrificing power by switching from a jardine can.

On a side note, make SURE you use BOTH factory straps at the rear bracket. If you do not have them and only run one strap, it WILL vibrate and break the muffler off. Using plain old hose clamps will NOT work. I cannot warranty improper installation. If you don't have the straps and need them, I will get you a brand new set, they're only $18 + shipping from EBR. I don't order a huge amount from them, but I will order as needed. I try to keep at least one new set here on hand if possible.

So the magnaflows are not a chambered muffler like a hawk modified stock
    The hawk isnt chambered...unless you count the whole pipe as a big empty chamber...

I want to know how you got my bike out my garage and into yours and back again without me knowing about it to test that muffler:D

damn looks awesome. and sounds ok but would like it a bit louder and more bark.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345