Thread: My Custom Reverse Exhaust

So I copied the voodoo reverse exhaust.... it turned out really good, but I don't really like the sound. Its not as loud as the ebr race pipe but very high pitched on the higher rpms..... I don't understand why! There is no packing except for the stock nose piece. The front exit is 2" and sticks inside the pipe about 3" so I'm sure its reducing the noise cause it is absorbing a lot of it..... I'm going to cut some of it out of the inside and see if it sounds better if not I'm going to open the size of the exit to 2.5" and if I'm still not happy with I'm going to cut it back apart and make it more like a drummer with two outlets..... so far the results suck I think...

Here's a clip....

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps93a2329e.mp4

I cant view on iphone

No problem watching via Android :D

It sounds good per the video clip, looks good too.

looks and sounds awesome man!!!!

not as deep as i thought, looks clean though, i like it

Idk its very raspy and sort of tinny per say. It sounds like the newer modular over head can motors very high pitched not that deep rumble like older cars. That's what I'm looking for a rumble. I thought for sure with that big open cavity inside it would be more hollow sounding but it isn't..... the ebr race exhaust is more rumbly lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnBcjBo6AJE
    im having issues right now trying to post, but heres a soundclip of the pipe i made and recently modified cause the carbon fiber had some holes blown out

Have you tried it underload yet? Exhaust always sound better when the engine is actually working to make maximum power - should be quite a bit different than free revving.

Doesn't sound to bad but I bet it would sound better with packing. Looks good though

That's what I'm thinking now too maybe a bit of packing help take away the higher tones...... I'm already looking at possibly cutting it back apart and putting in a perforated tube then packing it with steel wool.

I also am working on another design..... same idea as the reverse exhaust with no stock can. I'll come from header at 2" make my 180* back to the front and into a small can like the d&d or a keda with a perforated tube packed with steel wool and the can will be 3" OD then come out of the can at 2.25" or 2.5" and then end right where the exit is now. Then make new tabs for the chin fairing..... I think that might be the better and sound pretty good..... we'll see it will only cost about $40 for tubing and my time to make it.