, ready, buell, riders, bikes, pulling" /> Wheelies - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheelies

i have a 173 ci R&R MOTOR that wheelies all day long in any gear
    In a Buell ?? :D

I'm not talk'n a foot here. I'm talk'n standing it up tp balancing point??? It won't and I've ridden several. Heck even help run Demo's at the dealership some time back. Those bikes as well won't and those are the factory demo bikes. My Tuber wouldn't and that had some slight work done and my 9 won't either. They all will with just a slight amount a clutch running at 4200 rpm.

I suppose the definition of wheelie was where the confusion lied.

Second gear about 4800, stand up, pre-load it, nail it and ride it out
    Thats on a XB9. No problems powering one, no clutch needed. Thats not a foot tall either. Full stand up.

Buellpartsguy,

Come to homecoming and come to my bar Thursday night. I have Erik Buell playing for everyone and I'll let you use either my 9 or 12 and if you can do it I'll buy you a drink of what ever you want. If you can't a bunch and I mean a bunch of Bueller's will be there to see. Good luck

I'm not talk'n a foot here. I'm talk'n standing it up tp balancing point??? It won't and I've ridden several. Heck even help run Demo's at the dealership some time back. Those bikes as well won't and those are the factory demo bikes. My Tuber wouldn't and that had some slight work done and my 9 won't either. They all will with just a slight amount a clutch running at 4200 rpm.
    Thanks I kind of figured there was a answer.

You can ask every single person I have ever ridden with, and also ask most of the service guys at my shop. The back of the shop is right off the off-ramp of the freeway, they saw it quite frequently. Just a '03 XB9R with a race kit and airbox delete. Nothing special.

And yes, I would love to come to Homecoming, but I am not going that far across the country again just to prove you wrong and drink for free at your bar :D. A lot of it is in the preloading. I can remember only a time or two where I hardly preloaded and got a full stand out of it. I never said I am just rolling onto the throttle and getting it to stand on end. I dont know if you are reading it properly

Not an arguement with me. I have what...6 friends thats race Buell's...there bike don't and won't. My two won't.There personal bikes don't and for some reason your 9 will. Please come to Homecoming. You'll have a good time meet alot of people. Hell I'll have a couple of the racer's there that night. Hell Erik will be there. You'll prove me wrong and be around the one thing ya love....Buell's and the people that ride them.I can afford you to drink my beer or Booze It'll be worth it to me. You couldn't drink enough to hurt my wallet. I don't need to ask your friends and co-workers. I've done a stoppie as lond as Craig Jones...don't believe me ask my friends. Kinda seev what I'm saying.

Well, all I can say is I have done it with witnesses, and many at that. But I know where you are coming from when any Joe Blow can talk his mouth off about being able to ride. If I could ride at this point right now and had the time to come to Homecoming I would gladly do it. I would even bring my old Buell crew from Minnesota and come down and hang with you guys. I would give anything to ride right now. Hell, I would give anything just to be able to walk like a normal person and not be in pain trying to do so. Its just not in the cards at this moment.

Man.... what happened to you??? Thats sucks hope you'll be alright. I know I can come off hard sometimes but I'm not a bad guy. Seriously though if ya can't ride you can still hangout. Offer is open any time.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast