Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Modified Belt Tensioner

Did you check out the UKBEG fitting guide.
    If not the short run down is...
    Use two big washers on the exhaust mount side between the tensioner and the frame to keep the tensioner away from the exhaust brackets. Then use one smaller washer (not shim) on the outer side between the tensioner and the pulley wheel, this will help to keep the belt inline with the pulley. The instructions provided are generally pretty messy and make it so that the belt doesn't sit correct.
    Any questions then just ask.

I followed your suggestions and everything lined up!
    I did catch the cover pushing against the pulley so a small trim was in order. The bike pushes easier and looks great:p This part is one of the best investments. Thanks

Check the website by fanatics-parts order, send money with paypal or wire money transfer and receive it 4-5 days later. Easy for everyone.:D

I know this is an old thread, seems to me maybe a belt with one or possibly two additional teeth could be a solution. thoughts anyone ( do they make a slightly longer belt? thanks

This is kind of an old thread but it seems relevant. I ordered a free spirit belt tensioner from Trojan horse racing almost a month ago and I have yet to see it and heard have heard nothing from them despite two e mails to them asking the status of my order.

I see on their website they pride themselves on customer service. I'm just not seeing it. If my tensioner is not here next week I am going to contest the charges. If it does arrive I will check back in and tell you so. So far I give them a 2 of 10.

UT

I would contest the charges now to avoid the possibility of not getting the money back. No replies to emails is too scary. But maybe someone knows whats up with them.

you could always buy from solobuell.com just ordered my soft clutch from there

Got the gold anodized one a while back..... Put it on my credit card..... It arrived promptly and is a quality upgrade that should improve belt life..... Looks cool too !!!!!

So has anyone other then maybebuell removed their belt tensioner completely?
    how did that work out for you?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast