So I saw the beginnings of what I thought was gonna be an ordeal on the proverbial right side fork leaking oil. Had a pretty good flow when I got home from a 70 miler.

Did some research, got me a Seal Mate, then made my own, loosened and lowered the fork dust covers on both sides, poked and prodded and cleaned up a shetload of debris, pumped em some 10 different times cleaning up the residual fork oil and finally after they were both spotless, I took a syringe, filled it half way with Lucas Synthetic Oil based Power Steering Leak Seal (http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=28&catid=9&loc=show&headTi tle=%20-%20Lucas%20Power%20Steering%20Stop%20Leak), shot some up and under the main seal on both sides and rubbed a tad bit just below the main seal on the forks, replaced the dust covers and went off on a 40 miler to see if it worked.

Damn right it worked. Saved me some personal time and headache in having to take em apart and replace em.

Will report back after a couple more long jaunts. But I have a good feeling the leak is gone as the cleaning and then the application of the Lucas Leak Seal will have done the trick.

Seems this is a good cure for what many have stated they ultimately took the forks apart and replaced what most likely were perfectly good main fork seals.