Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: random miss on highway

Hi I recently purchased a 2009 xb12r that has a hawk exhaust, airbox delete, and race ecu and I have noticed when im cruising down the higbway at a steady speed it has a random missfire that seams to happen once every few miles but other than this the bike runs strong and doesnt miss a beat I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on what could be causing this it is becoming very annoying anr I dont want any serious damage to happe. Cause of it

Thanks

Fuel pump?fuel line? Hard to say realy it could be a ground wire too.

i was exspecting a photo of a chick on a bike...damn you's titles!!

How old is the fuel? Did it sit long? Fuel filter, pump possible.

I had that happen to me, also my instrument gauges would drop to "0" then back to normal in a 1/10 of a second. it was a bad ground on the battery on my bike, all you can do is check all connections, especially your coil and plug wires, replace the spark plugs just for good measure. and of course what the others mentioned in the above post.

good luck!

P.S. my car had this happen a well, once every 50 miles, VERY frustraiting! the dealership was stumped, then they finally found a bad mass air flow sensor. it would change the fuel/air mixture and make the car miss.

plug wires

ok so heres where i am right now im nearly positive it isnt fuel pump or fuel filter since i replaced both 2weeks ago when i was lokking at wiring and connections i noticed that a wire going down to the center on the rear cylinder head has a bare spot im assuming this is the injector wire? is it possible that this is causing it and do i need a whole new wire or can i just repair the bare spot and be ok?

Inactive
    on fuel injected bikes if you feel a lag or laziness or what i call the bike "falling on its face" during throttle roll-on, it's fuel related. the miss you describe is ignition related. you did not list as part of your original post any work you did on it or its mileage but it is definitely ignition related. do the easy things in this order: either go to this site's search tab and search 2009 tps reset and follow instructions or google it. very easy to do on your bike. then repair the wire you mentioned above. it sounds from your description it's the wire to rear cylinder heat sensor but don't know without seeing it....but repair it. lastly, check your spark plugs for age and condition as well as the spark plug leads and connections to the coil. it is under air box base plate on left side of top of engine by frame. this is assuming your battery terminal connections are tight and corrosion free.

ok so heres what i found the possitive battery cable was a little loose tighened that all other wiring looked good so i decided to pull the plugs for the heck of it and found that the front cyl had a DCPR9EIX and the back DCPR8EIX no idea why the previous owner would have used differnt temp plugs but will be switching the 8 out for another 9 asap and let you know if that does it. have a set of oem plugs i might give a try till im able to get another 9 in no one seams to sell them locally

Your miss if not corrcted by plugs, what RPM? 3000, light load?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast