Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Buell Owner-hit a roadblock

to wear out the bearing in the front wheel so the actual mileage on the bike is 7500 miles? And i think it would burn out the starter if you tried to run it for 7000 miles. the speed sensor is on the output shaft of the transmission ;)

Yah like I sayed stupid idea :D

These laws . Best of luck to you, if you need any help locating parts let us know!

After living in Cali for many years I learned the DMV is the anti-christ

If you have a AAA membership go to any of their offices instead, they register bikes and boats now too. They are very helpful and have been willing to "bend the rules" slightly for me in the past.

I'll swap you clusters from my '06 XB12S (9600 miles) and swap back, all for the cost of shipping (I'm in Florida). PM me if you want to.

Trying to fake the mileage seems like a good idea, until you realize that even at 180 mph it will take 39 hours to count up 7000 miles.

Trying to fake theÂ* mileage seems like a good idea, until you realize that even at 180 mph it will take 39 hours to count up 7000 miles.
    i realized that. which is why i was thinking function generator so you could just leave it for a couple days lol. new cluster is the way to go for sure.

DMV isn't going to look at your speedo
    That depends on the DMV rep. I purchased an out of state vehicle awhile back and they inspected the bike thoroughly. VIN numbers, Engine Number, and Speedo. They can actually flag your vehicle if it doesn't check out. If you get one that's cooperative, they won't really care as long as you pay for registration.

Buy a speedo with the miles you need on it.
    This might work if you can alter the mileage on the title. Put it at something like 7,753 (since you have 753 listed on there). You can probably go to an HD dealer, tell them your speedo crapped out and your bike has 7753 miles on it, and they should be able to order one for you. I'm not condoning this route, but just listing it for discussion purposes. :D

I really don't understand the 7500 mile for importing a vehicle from out of state. When you register through the DMV, they tax you for the amount anyways. Also, I don't know about Buells, but half the Harleys sold in California don't even have the canister connected.

I had another idea for avoiding all of the frustration which is to get an aftermarket speedometer that you can program with mileage or put an analog one from a used bike and hope that the inspector doesnt know what buell bikes are and how their speedometers look.

I am getting desperate here because I want to ride the bike badly.

So idk where your Speedo sensor is I have a 1125 but could you some how rig a cheap drill to it and let it go for a day? lol

Just looked up the sensor now does that thing pick up when metal goes by? Could you make a rig to hold it in front of a fan blade and crank the fan on high? I'm overly tired and these are the thoughts you get lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12