, mexico, finally, prevent" /> Just purchased my 1125CR, Looking into SOC Fairing Kit, Need Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just purchased my 1125CR, Looking into SOC Fairing Kit, Need Advice

Hi all, I finally purchased my 1125CR late last month, and am looking to purchase the SOC CUP Fairing kit. I see numerous threads about it, but don't know who actually has the kit installed. I have a few questions about this:

1. Did you purchase directly from Speed of Color or through a 3rd party such as Twin Motorcycles? I read somewhere that SOC doesn't like to ship to US or Mexico, but can't seem to find that thread again.

2. For anyone running this kit, did you have to trim the bottom? I read that one guy (I think TwinGuns), had to trim the belly pan to prevent bottoming out.

3. I'm also looking to upgrade to an FMF Apex Slip On, and was wondering if there would be any fitting problems with this.

4. Aside from the belly pan trimming, I've read that this is a fairly bolt on kit and fit is straight forward. Could someone with the kit chime in on this?

Sorry if this stuff has been asked before, but I've done so many searches in the past few days and can't seem to find the right thread to post in.

Thanks all!
    ;)

I'm an idiot. I noticed I posted this in the 1125R section. Mods, could you please move this to the CR section? Sorry!

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1360291002
    1. I bought them from Twin Motorcycles. Expect about a month wait to get them. SOC ships them to Twin, then Twin ships to you.
    2. I've bottomed out over speed bumps and also have rubbed the side of the pan on deep leans. I am thinking of putting a layer of kevlar down there heh.
    3. Not sure about the fmf pipe. I have a barkers and it fits fine.
    4. The kit is fairly easy to bolt on. Instructions come in german. I used google translate to help me out.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much Phlegm! BTW, did you have it shipped DHL or their TNT option?

P.S. Nice looking scoot; crazy polished frame. Got any finished pictures?

Hi,
    I've been thinking about that soc kit.....looks pretty good. Anyone have pictures without the lighting tail?

I'm also looking to upgrade to an FMF Apex Slip On, and was wondering if there would be any fitting problems with this.
    Any specific reason on why that pipe in particular?

Any specific reason on why that pipe in particular?
    Hey Dean. Honestly it's because I can get really good prices on the Apex FMF and Jardine RT5. I was trying to budget for the exhaust and EBR ECM. I did some research on your Keda RT3 and it's really appealing. The exhaust won't be until a couple of months from now though, since I'm purchasing the SOC kit first. I'll let you know if plans change and I decide to go with one of your systems. ;)

FYI...We can quote anything that Twin Motorcycles sells and save you the 21% VAT that you'll pay ordering direct. Go here to request a quote. Thanks!

What is vat? I'm kinda not smart n stuff...but I gots Purdy bikes

value added tax?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast