Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painted Frame Pucks?

Has anyone else has done this... I'm toying with the idea of painting the XB frame, then purchasing and color matching the frame pucks. I don't have frame pucks now, even though I know its a good idea. I just think they look out of place being the plastic black color. (Yes, I know I could paint the frame the same color as the pucks. Just want something different.) Wondering, if the frame puck material expands or contracts alot in temperature or sun, which would cause the paint to crack / flake.

Its a pretty hard rubber compound. (not sure if actual rubber, but it does bend a bit.) so I would assume it would expand/ contract

Don't they make aftermarket carbon fiber pieces that cover the rails? You could go with those but they are pretty pricy so im betting you wouldnt wanna paint them

2004xb12s,

Yeah I thought about the carbon fiber frame covers. I don't mind the price, but again the frame looks unfinished to me if it is painted, even if I mix a close color match. I guess I will color match the frame pucks to a standard silver frame color for this summer to see how it works out. I was just wondering if someone else has painted the frame pucks before me, so I could get some pointers...

don't paint it, leave it alone.

The orig. owner of my XB painted the pucks silver. They have started to chip over the last couple years but only due to debris, not because of expanding or heat. Not sure what he used to paint them but I would assume Krylon Fusion paint.

Here is a pic

Just my opinion, but seriously your frame protectors look matter more than protecting them? This is almost taking it too far in caring what your motorcycle looks like. I agree without the pucks looks clean and good, but seeing how well they work to protect the frame i love them!

Love that air filter cover, great colors too

Thanks Saftie, he (or someone) did an awesome job on the paint job and cut outs. You can't tell from the pic but the airbox actually goes from a darker gray to lighter as it progresses down and to the side. He had a shark theme going on.

That's awesome. Looks very clean. Not easy to get everything straight when cutting something thats shaped like that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast