Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Hello guys, I have been reading the forums unregistered for a couple months now, and I finally brought home a buell yesterday so I figured its time for me to make an account! My brother is on this site and actually got me looking into buells, and also helped me pick mine up 2 hours out yesterday! I think his name is crimson on here, anyhow I picked up a 2007 Firebolt xb9r with 3,200 miles on her! The bike has done its fair share of sitting, and needs some cleaning but is really clean and like new other than that. I have a couple issues straight off the bat, the bike had some sort of fuel cap issue in the past, when the previous owner took it to the buell dealer ship they gave him a new cap with a different key. I really do not like the idea of having 2 separate keys for the bike/ gas tank and plan on checking out a local locksmith to see what can be done. I also have realized the bike is titled as a 1200cc bike even though it obviously is a 984, hopefully its something that can be straightened out, I do not really care to pay for the 1200cc insurance difference lol. If anyone has any input on these 2 issues please let me know!

welcome to the forum, nice bike...the key issue is easy to remedy by a professional locksmith to re-key the gas cap to match the ignition key, title should be easy also, get the VIN # from the right side of the frame at the triple clamps, decode the VIN either by the manual, there's a thread here on the forum for it also or online, look for Buell Vin decoder, it's been awhile so not completely sure of the site.

Welcome love the BK & Red

I also have realized the bike is titled as a 1200cc bike even though it obviously is a 984,
    wow

NICEE. WELCOME

Nice bike! (Matches your truck! :) ) Welcome to the forum!

Please see our site for some accessories for your new toy!

5-0dro
    www.5-0dro.com

Inactive
    very nice bike and looks like it was priced right as well. on the "2 key" situation, the original owner of my Ulysses had broken off the factory spare key in the gas cap lock due to being a moron. purchased new cap and never "re-keyed" it to match the factory ignition switch key but really not a problem or hassle. i just keep the cap key on the key-ring and put a short piece of rubber vacuum tubing on the blade of the key to identify it. convincing your insurance agent your bike is a 984 and not a 1203 begins and ends with decoding of the VIN as thrst mentioned above as well as a pic of your exh. header compared to pic of 12 exh. header. the 12 is noticeably larger in OD. convincing your state titling agency probably tougher.

Welcome to the forum! Post more pics of your new ride when you can!

Hey gurl. Nice bicycle

Welcome to BuellXB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast