Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Forum

Welcome... Bike looks great. I hope you get that 984/1203 thing straightened out. That's just not quite jake.

Looks nice! blk & red FTW

Thanks guys for the warm welcome guys, and for the good information. I have decoded the vin, and it is for sure was always a xb9r, I did not really question that however it could be good proof in trying to get the title updated. I will defiantly upload more pictures once I get it cleaned up, and have it shining like new. I plan on getting some of your products 50dro, I have seen the high quality items you put out! I just need to get ahead with my money, even if It was warm enough to ride here I would not be able to afford it. At least I have a motorcycle to prepare for summer and I will not have to spend the rest of my spring shopping for one! This is actually my first motorcycle, I am registered to take abate this next month.

I sold my mustang and little 4x4 blazer to get a 2012 focus, and get a motorcycle! The truck in the picture was my brothers, which is the same color as my little focus lol.

I plan on getting some of your products 50dro, I have seen the high quality items you put out!
    Thanks! We're here for you when you're ready!

What was your Mustang that you sold? I'm a Mustang guy myself (hence the name :p )

Been a few busy days at work, and I could not figure out how to post pictures from my android to the forum easily lol. Anyhow pictures of it are below, it was a 99 5speed convertible gt. I never liked convertibles much, then I owned one it was a sweet car and I miss it a bit. However I had my fair share of fun with the car, and decided I wanted one fuel efficient car with a warranty, and a fuel efficient bike instead. My logic behind it was to build a lot of credit, and literally almost pay my car payment in gas savings monthly alone.

I actually asked my brother about your name was I was cruising the forum because I could'nt think of anything 50dro had to do with buell wise, and I was not sure if I was missing something. All that was registering in my head was mustang related names haha.

Anyhow I plan on starting the clean up of my new bike this week! The weather has finally moved into the 50s here, motorcycles are everywhere!

Just to update, I got the bike all ready for riding, oil changed, primary changed, new spark plugs, novused the plastics, repainted my stock muffler.

The gas tank key was a simple fix surprisingly, a local locksmith I went was pretty much telling me they could never fix it before I handed it to him because they are normally pressed together, 10 minutes later went by, and he pulled it apart and had it set up to match my ignition key, cost me only 10 bucks! If only the previous owner did that, the triple tree wouldn't be beat up by the second key on the keyring before, but I am so happy it is fixed!!! The locksmith was really talking up the design of the lock on the gas cap, and called over a working co worker in the shop to admire it lol.

you should go to the dragon us 129 this weekend. a lot of us are meeting up there. if you got your tag;)

I would love to, sadly no plate no title, and not insured yet. Next week all that gets settled and I get my endorsement the week after. I really wanted to go to too with my brother up to the dragon, however I am a little un experienced, I have rode my buell maybe 10 miles other than that haven't been on anything but a dirtbike when i was little! lol

Hey! Sorry...I completely missed your posts the other day. Good looking GT. I always liked that body style in the convertible...My era...not so much

Yeah...5-0 and Buells have almost nothing to do with each other other than many of us have both! ;) Long story short, it was a forum name I used on several forums prior to making & selling Buell parts. The name became associated with my parts (and I liked it) so I stuck with it.

Take care and ride safely!

The motor issue can be fixed when you get your plate.
    I'm assuming there is something else with the tittle your not sharing with us....
    let it be out of state or rebuilt/ salvaged or the small dealer that you bought it didn't put it in there year inventory and are trying to push the fees on to you.....

When your insurance company pulls the vin they'll be able to tell the engine size by the 6th and 7th number of your frame vin.

12= xb9 world
    57= xb9 calif

You can also check your motor vin# and see if someone swapped the motors.
    Check the 3rd and 4th number. If it is a 12 motor the motor vin# would be

14= xb12 world
    59= xb12 calif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12