Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Custom Reverse Exhaust Take 2

How keep them wired in with the ecm then? Also can you swap a wide band out for the stock one? I have to do some research on this
    They run independent of the ecm, you can send a narrow band signal to the ecm if you want via a single wire. I did it on my 1125, the xb will work the same way. You don't have to use both inputs to the ecm, although you can set up a switch to toggle them if you wish to datalog it and get accurate results. I think the plx setup I have supports it's own datalog function, I've just never used it.

Greasy the simple answer to deans suggestion about the wide band, is they are used for tuning purposes, you use the wide band to monitor the air:fuel ratios data log and make adjustment in your tuning. Its not meant to replace your narrow band o2 sensor, also some mods like another O2 bung would need to be added for best data logging.

I did permanently replace the stock narrow band sensors on my 1125, the xb will get the same. It has narrow band outputs, so the ecm will never know the difference. The MTX-L setup comes with a bung, the PLX-devices one did not.

I'll have to look into that setup.....

On other notes I flipped the muffler around tonight and omg what a difference its like a whole new bike! More power everywhere it just plain runs better.... the pipe is getting pretty beat though pulling it off and on.... I'm gonna run it for a few days like this and then next weekend its getting cut all back apart one pipe from header to u turn so there is no joints and then brand new packing and then welded completely up. Then I'll grind her down paint it and be done the its time to start tuning. I'd really like to get with max from tuniversity just don't have the cash right now.

Well guys I have given up on my reverso exhaust.... yeah it looks cool but the performance I am looking for just isn't there.

I got a jardine from rchuff today and put it on as soon as I got home. I rode my bike an hour to meet him and took me about a had.hour to put it on so I was fresh off the bike. The power is much better. More low end torque and quite noticeable top end. I am running the race ecm from the buell race kit so it is probably fairly close to being right...... but Idk why you guys complain about the jardine cause I absolutely love this pipe......

My reverso is more Harley sounding and louder then the jardine but the jardine has that thump I was looking for. I'm going to mess around with my pipe some other time and will probably start saving my pennies and dimes for another jardine system so when it does need repacked I can just swap the cans......

Is your jardine a carbon fiber shell? Which model?

No it is the aluminum shell rt-1

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789