Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Reverse Exhaust Take 2

gotcha, that baffle should work then. I'd think if you use a 2" pipe with a slip in baffle it'd restrict flow a bit though. Still way better than stock though.

Idk what I'm gonna do yet..... basically the tight u bend will determine muffler design..... This is the bend I'm using.... it has a 2" bend radius so it should be exactly what I want....

I want to stay 2" ID. The stock pipe in the buell muffler is 1 7/8" all the way through.....the header collector is 2" so I want to stay at that size. I have seen many dyno results that a slip in baffle that goes smaller inside of a 2" drag pipe hurt overall performance so I dont want to do that. If I use a 2.25" pipe and a slip in baffle and go back down to a 2" pipe that should work pretty damn good. ID should still be 2" maybe 1 7/8" depending if baffles are louvers or perforated tube. This is something I'd look into using just making a bit larger case like 2.25" or 2.5" and packing and no packing..... I want that I pitched rasp gone.....

The guy at work has a Harley fat boy with a twin cam and boy it makes me a tad jealous the sound and note that comes out of those pipes...... just sounds absolutely amazing and its not that loud either. That's the sound I'm shooting for..... so far the short straight pipe is close just bit to loud

OK so no working on the bike tonight..... I didnt get home till 730 from the flyers game but anyhow the bend showed up today. Its gonna work out perfect. The pipes are 4" on center so by the time I add a 3" muffler case it will be right on 7" like the factory pipe was. I'm gonna try and make it so its repackable..... it shouldn't be to hard.... I'll just have to go to the local exhaust shop and have then stretch a piece to fit inside the 3" case then rivet it together. I'm gonna put two mufflers on it but one will be fake for now..... I wanna do it so I can test muffler on one side or the other and packing or no packing......

You like hockey? That's Fing awesome!!! :)

Do I like it? I freaking live it!!!! When I have extra time I play street hockey and ice hockey..... both me and the wife love the flyers and both have tattoos lol. Once I get the black plastics on my bike I'm gonna have the bike vinyled orange with a flyers logo..... so in short yes I like hockey just a little lol.

Oh and we killed the Boston Bruins today haha!!!!!

Are you from Philly? Hockey is awesome, so fun to watch.

Not in philly but I've lived in the burbs almost my whole life..... born and raised in pa! Broad street bullies baby!

OK well I just couldn't leave it alone so I cut some pipe and mocked it up..... so far so good. It looks freaking sweet..... I wonder how it sounds like this..... can't find out till tomorrow... kids are tucked away waiting for the Easter bunny lol.....

All I have to do yet is hack up that glass pack and make some end caps and tack it all up and see how it looks..... as far as making it able to be torn apart easy I think I'm just gonna let it go..... it will be easy enough to cut the end caps and slide it apart..... I'm going to let it as a slip joint inside the mufflers.... on second thought I might take a piece of 2" pipe and use a plasma to punch a bunch of wholes in it and make my own glass pack....... hmmmmm

Im guessing its going to be fairly quiet, not stock quiet but not jardine loud. You ve got me thinking about building a new pipe myself! I should just leave it alone!

So your saying maybe I should try it as a straight pipe? I want jardine loud minus the bad performance I read about. If I do make mufflers I think I'm gonna leave then empty..... just a perforated tube inside a 3" or 3.5" case.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast