, prevent, angle, looked, stomach, viola, http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6519_20130330003619_l.jpg, http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6519_20130330003718_l.jpg, http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6519_20130330003813_l.jpg, http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6519_20130330003917_l.jpg, http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6519_20120102083423_l.jpg, shouldve, plugged, flasher, soldiered, control, foward, robbed, braket, brighter, happy, rotate, quick, signals" /> 1125 cr MIrrors Installed on ULY PICS!!

Thread: 1125 cr MIrrors Installed on ULY PICS!!

Well early last fall i purchased a set of 1125cr mirrors from a forum member with plans of installing them on my '07 XB12X. I had to take yesterday off to watch my kids so i finally started on the install.

First i removed the fly screen and unplugged and unbolted the stock turn signals and then removed the stock mirrors. After a quick hold up to the bike test fit of the CR mirrors i realized id have to swap the the brackets @ the base of the mirror around in order to clear the brake master cylinder on the right.

Since the bolt on the base of the CR mirror stem is hollow with the signal wires comeing out i had to have a socket that would allow room for the wires and still allow me to use a rachet to take the bolt loose. So i bought a cheap 15mm deep well and cut a 1/4 in. wide slit about one inch up the side of it. (like a o2 socket sort of).

So i got the brackets swapped around and the left mirror (with the little black spacer from the stock mirror installed under the bracket @ the mounting point on the bars) Bolted right on no problems.

Now the right mirrorwas a different story... I had to cut a little out of the base of the mirror bracket to clear that little square bump in the casting on the master cyclinder, then file a little off bout 1/8 off the front left side of the braket where it rests against the side of the master cyl. to allow the mirror to point out far enuff. All that filing and cutting still wasnt enuff, when i looked in the mirror i still saw my stomach.

Then i removed half the tabs at the base of the mirror stem that fit into dips in the bracket (they prevent the mirror from turning) with the tabs filed down i could turn the mirror to the proper angle outward angle(used star washers in place of stock washers on stem to lock it in place). Then i still had to slightly rotate the right brake control foward to point the mirror up enough.

After that i robbed the wires outa my stock blinkers and soldiered them to the wires on the mirrors, plugged them and the new LED flasher in and viola! I'm very happy with the way they look and theyre much brighter than my stock blinkers. Ive yet to ride it far enough to see how well the mirrors will actually work as mirrors, but i think they'll be fine. Now pics (should've taken more)
    b4

after

my 3 babies :D and proof i was watching the kids, not just working on the bike...

Looks a lot better..

Looks a lot better..
    +1

I think that looks much better than the old mirrors!

Thanks fellas, now I just need to ride the thing a bit, think ill ride to work 2morow.

Much better. Thurs Friday looks beautiful

Well rode it to work Thursday..turns out the new mirrors aren't great for actually using as mirrors, they vibrate worse than the stock ones and I need to adjust them a bit, even if I can't see out of them that well, the improvement in appearance is worth it.

I finally added some different blinkers to the rear that fit with the new front hardware a little better, Ebay cheapies, but they're much brighter than stock.