Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hawk performance exhaust

WHEW!!! That is rougher looking than mine fo sho! Looks like he's using a different end cap then the one on mine also.

Don't get me wrong mybe he is a great guy I don't know , but people are paying $ 200.00 that's not cheap mybe to some but not to me and apparently not to others.

I just installed my Hawk with an EBR ecm and it has made the bike rev quicker, improved the top end response, created a maddeningly gutteral, excellent sound and refreshed the grin factor for my bike. All for $200. Not a bad deal in my book.

I will say that my endcap looked exactly like the above photo, spackle and all. It will probably be removed, sandblasted and rattle-canned (engine bay paint? Oven paint?) when I'm ready to do the same to my rusty old stock can. No pics of this because I didn't feel like it was worth bitching about: it's under the bike and does it's job. Function > Form any day.

P.S. Randy sounds like a family guy character. Add a whistle on his esses and he's there... Nice guy though.

Honestly I'd be pissed too. He cant use a small dremel and buff out the spatter? Great guy but lazy quality.

Yeah I noticed the exhaust leak also and that was there after ONE startup. I didn't even ride the bike yet.

I didn't start the thread to piss and moan or attack hawk. And I'll take form>function 100% of the time.

That being said I do agree with rchuff and onelogue. I was under the impression that I could expect at least a SEMI professional job for 200 bones plus shipping. I didn't get one.

Function>form doiiiii

I was thinking of getting a hawk sooner or later, but after seeing the quality in other threads I will definitely be building my own! No offense to randy, but those welds are not the work of someone who knows what they are doing. I took a hobby welding course and did better than that the first night.

I just got my Hawk today, and I am far from disappointed. It sounds great, much better than I was even hoping for. I could really care less about what the welds look like. It has a good sound and it was easy on the wallet. Randy even chopped my tail and took care of my ECM for no additional charge. I definitely recommend Hawk to anyone looking for something great sounding and affordable.

Got a notice with my registration this year.. Cracking down on motorcycle noise in Quebec.. Look like a lot of clutch in coasting past the biys in blue.

..can't lose my Hawk!

I just shipped mine out to him this a.m. He even said he would throw in some extra parts for my 03 xb9r for free. Super nice guy, can't wait to try it. I'm not too worried about the spatter being as how I personally think these stock exhausts are ugly anyways.....lol but I live the sound from the YouTube videos

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast