Thread: Xb12S bogs down and stalls out

I have a problem. I have a feeling I just need to do a TPS reset, but I would like everyones input before I try anything. Bike is a 2007 xb12scg, all stock. I've been doing a lot of repairs to it, mainly the charging system. I have yet to do a TPS reset since I've owned the bike. Today is only the second day I've been riding her since putting her back together, an I noticed when I try to launch her (WOT from 1st) she bogs down and dies out right after 2k rpm. Anyone else have this problem before? What could be going on with her?

77 connector

I already upgraded to the new voltage regulator with the new connector.

I had a similar problem 2 years ago with the TPS sensor not reading correctly. I hooked up ECM spy and noticed it would only not see the entire range of the throttle being opened and closed. Bought a new TPS and she ran perfect!

Thanks dre, I'm going to try to get an ecm spy cable. Know a reliable source where I can get one?

Make sure you resent the AFV when you do the tps reset. I just had a similar issue with my 04 xb12s. Get over 3k and would just bog down. Turns out rear fuel injector was clogged. You could hear it clicking with the self test but wasnt passing anything. Pulled them out, wasn't too hard, didn't have to rotate engine, just intake assembly. Made a test rig from an old 12volt wall wart, momentary switch, and some tubing. Soaked them in marvel mystery oil for a few hours since it was past auto parts store hours and didnt have any FI cleaner. While soaking hooked up test rig, triggered a few times and blew air through them in both directions, then left soak overnight. Tested again next morning and could blow by mouth through them fine. Put back on bike and ran great. First check, are both front and rear headers getting hot? Wasnt till after I fixed mine did I realize how cool my right leg had been. No more...