Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celeste: My 2009 Firebolt XB12R (A History)

Nice story. Well done with having more pics then words. How many miles are on it now? Are you still in the area of Gails HD? Im in warrensburg.

Loki - I'm pretty sure he's in Omaha, NE. Check out www.1320video.com

Seems like there are a couple of guys in Omaha... I need to put my bike back together and ride up from Lincoln...Bike looks damn good

Hey glad to see its comin along, it'll be good to see ya on ur buell, not hating the honda by ne means, just hate getting out ran :D(@ least that badly I'm sure the bolt will walk away from the uly too)

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys!! It has been a fun 3 years with her so far. I have loved riding her even when she was stock, but I have been dying to get this exhaust on and get it tuned. She was pretty tame before this. I can't wait to get her fired back up and take her for a ride with the new parts on!

I have to thank Colby (wolfo68) A TON for helping me get that sexy Micron installed! I don't think I'm comfortable enough to tear the bike down that far or even do an engine rotation by myself still, but it definitely helped give me some more confidence in working on the Buell. They really are beautiful works of art when you get to see every under the plastics.

I'm really happy to have networked through the forum and met some of the local Buell guys around here. A couple have posted up here already. wolfo's help was invaluable. He is a really good guy. We have hung out outside of our common interest in motorcycles a couple times now. He is just a really good guy to have around to help when the task gets a little deeper than I'm willing to dive into by myself. Thanks man! BuellyBagger is our resident painter. My ASB air box delete was a little rough from ASB so Cody gave it a nice glossy white touch up and it looks much better now! Thanks man!

Now getting to everyone's comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfo68
    This made me realize how pale my legs are...
    Haha! I couldn't get them cropped out man.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94
    cool thread. congrats on the engagement.
    Thanks! Getting hitched September 7th! She's a good chick! Has always loved that I ride, and is wanting to get a bike herself. We are probably going to get her a Blast and move her up to a Lightning sometime when she is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Nice story. Well done with having more pics then words. How many miles are on it now? Are you still in the area of Gails HD? Im in warrensburg.
    Loki, 2,936 miles to date! Don't worry that number is going to drastically change this year! Also, Renegade is right, I live in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm originally from Jefferson City, Missouri. I searched NE, KS, IA, and MO for a brand new '09 Buell when I bought this one. Gail's gave me the best price I could find @ $6495 OTD so I drove down to spend the day with my grandparents and the picked up the bike before driving back to Omaha. I had a very positive buying experience with them. (refer to my thread I posted up top)

Part of me getting some miles racked up on Celeste this year is that I'm wanting to make a ride down to one of Gail's get togethers this summer (hopefully), and spend some time riding around down on the outskirts of KC. East NE/West IA roads suck to ride. We have nothing but straight, grid like roads around here. I really want to get down into Missouri where the roads get a little more curve to them. Hopefully, we can get it tuned and running properly before I go home this month to visit with my family. We have some great back country roads that are nice and twisty! I haven't had either one of my current bikes back there to really get them into the riding environment where they shine.

I'll let you know when I'm going to take a ride down there. We should meet up and go riding. I don't know too much around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by ali
    Seems like there are a couple of guys in Omaha... I need to put my bike back together and ride up from Lincoln...Bike looks damn good
    Lets get together and ride this summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger
    Hey glad to see its comin along, it'll be good to see ya on ur buell, not hating the honda by ne means, just hate getting out ran (@ least that badly I'm sure the bolt will walk away from the uly too)
    When did I ever outrun you on your Uly with my Honda!? All I see is taillights riding with you guys while I'm trying to get the RR into its powerband and by that time even if I had more torque its way to late anyways. LOL I'm ready to ride with you guys with Celeste though! Donnie is the only one who has seen her in action so far.

Great looking bike!

Quoting ali

Lets get together and ride this summer!!
    Hopefully I'll be ready by summer hahaha

Oh WOW!! Long way to go it looks like! What all are you doing to it?

This is why I love having two bikes, if I have one down, I can still get out and ride with the other one. Except for right now when I got to doing the mods a little too late in the winter and now have both of them down. My Honda was supposed to already be put back together and on the road though. I'm still waiting for my headlights to come back from getting HIDs installed.

And a little insight as to why the fiance is a keeper. She surprised me with this for my birthday back in February! Going to try and finish reading it today.

Nice bike , the bolts look good in white .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast