Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch upgrades

@lunatic ha ha I saw a guy dressed just like that on a GSXR1000 the other day, he was doing wheelies going down the road and it made me mad.. I ran up on him in traffic and challenged him to a game of "follow the leader".. he straightened up real quick and wouldn't follow me.. I guess all that body armor intimidated him. I don't understand these squids with these real fast bikes, they talk **** about how slow Buells are but they get scared to hang with me in traffic..I got balls but Im not THAT much of a madman! I figure if a guy is so good that "he cant crash" and can wear flip-flops, then lets go ahead and open these things up together! They wont seem to do it with me though..

So far in my area Ive only met one guy that could really ride his ass off and that was this guy I ran into on a yellow Ducati 748 that was punched out to 1000.. he didn't say much, just told me what he had and then rode it like the Devil. I had a hard time keeping up with him, that dude could TURN! He was about 30, old enough to have experience but still young enough to be crazy.

Your setup is different in that respect that the customized springs and preload I use is adjusted to my weight (80 kg with gear)...I donĀ“t like it when there is to little negative suspension travel and the rear gets bouncy......the front has a moderate preload.........I have turned my shift pattern to race shift........this way my toes are usually on top of the peg

by the way..................as a junior I used to see motorcycle accident victims quite frequently in the ER......the number of totally avoidable bad injuries due to **** protection and riding gear irritated me..................now I am just accepting that some people just love pain.......I only ride in full gear and I push my bikes......I always try to find like minded guys to play and learn more......a faster guy is very often a good teacher...as long as you are not to far outside your comfort zone......we all make mistakes.............I am by the way 48 and I do enjoy a good scrap.....

yeah I am old too (44).. I have had many accidents but the first one was the worst. I was 24 and disintegrated my Ninja 600R (modified) on a car that ran a red light in a intersection.. I did a clean T-bone right into her driver side door at 65mph! All I had on was my Army BDU uniform and a helmet (and that was unstrapped)!! I woke up 3 days later out of my coma, 2 years of recovery. After that, It was all the body armor all the time.
    I went down 2 weeks ago when I hit a cat at 50mph.. no problems at all. Only $200 damage to the bike and $170 for a new Icon Helmet.. if you do not wear "street armor" at the minimum, your crazy. Full race, one piece is the best you can get but I choose 2 piece because it is so hot here in the summer.. and I keep my speeds at a "sane" level on the street. My main worry is being run over by a car behind me.. if that happens, there is no armor that can save you.
    As for the young "squids", it find it amazing to see a 21 year old rider with maybe 10K miles experience on a hypersport. They will ride around like madmen but when an old guy on a XB12R in "Field Armor" shows up, they slow WAAY down and get shy.. I will say "Come on man, my bike is way slower than yours, lets play follow the leader.." They go "No, no thanks man.. not today.. I got to be somewhere soon." Or "No too many police out today." ...and I am NOT that fast, they think I am much faster than I really am. Its funny.

hi........well you managed to get back from a big one.....well done for getting back on a bike......I so far was lucky and survived these times whiout a big misshapp......but I only had a 650cc Honda during these days.......
    I rode my Buell suit for years only minor misshaps........last years I had my new leaders for two weeks and was half asleep on that particluar morning when I apprached a roundabout.......I realised you are too fast mate......OK....hanging off arround the roundabout on the kneeslider.......cold tires...and then I lost her.........Bike had mingled footpeg and plate, gearlever, mirror broken, scratched left airscoop, handle bar endcap...........thanks to the stiff EBR pegs and the flexible peg plates and the superbike handle bar I have on the bike I had no other damages........now my new leaders are used leaders......best thing was I did not feel a thing afterwards apart from being a little shaken.

..the guys that I very much look out for are the guys in parrott colour leaders, big beer belly, thin legs on a pimped japanese 1000 cc inline four......usually with a superbike handlebar.........we have few of these roaming our steets and they are the really experienced bastards who show you what they can do on a bike when you try them......lolol......

Inactive
    I figure if a guy is so good that "he cant crash" and can wear flip-flops, then lets go ahead and open these things up together! They wont seem to do it with me though..
    in addition to rubber flip-flops, the little lady sometimes requires me to wear one of her thongs under my nylon gym shorts when we ride together. i just attribute it to her being "odd" but i always oblige her.

ha ha man knock it off..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12