Thread: S1W to XB rebuild and conversion

Hybrid View

Some of you have seen my S1W and some of you haven't. Basically I started with a 1998 S1 White Lightning that I did some background research on and found out it was a Molten Orange bodywork, Nuclear Blue frame and wheels (but had PM wheels on it when I got it).

This is my starting point, and pics from the day I got it.

I rode it till about a year ago and decided to pull it apart and do some mods. I had always planed on doing a XB wheel conversion but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I started researching threads, mostly on the other website Badweb. I had found a couple of names that had really been the pioneers and luckly they were still frequenting the websites. So I started blowing up Purpony's PM box on here. Special thanks goes out to Marc, he help out tremendously! Goldtooth was another one that was a big help but I could never get ahold of him but his threads were spot on.

So bare with me and I will post the progress of this build. Again special thanks to Purpony, and my Brother without them this build never would have happened.

So bare with me and I will post mostly pics as the build has gone on over the last year.

Hi!
    Are you guys still active? I am looking to do this conversion from a 07 XB to a 98 S1W, is there anything I should know outside reading through this thread?
    Thank you!

Been a long time coming but I have to update this thread. You no longer need to machine triple trees to perform this conversion. We have developed a steering stem that you simply press the 03-10 XB or 08-10 1125R/CR stem out and press our stem in and bolt the late model front ends on. We will have a kit very soon that will consist of our rear conversion spacers, steering stem and rear caliper bracket to make this a full bolt on kit for tubers. For info email us at pegasusxb@gmail.com and follow us on Instagram @engineeredvelocity

It's been about a year now, any more updates for us?
    Perhaps a few more pics?

Just checking in on this thread. I have had a couple emails asking for info or where this project is today. The email address is still the same but we have added a website with products. The conversion kit and many other Buell Parts are available at www.engineeredvelocity.com

364C0247-7060-485F-B311-8C2D47DDE16D.jpg

This is how the bike sits today! Next up will be Nuc Blue XB wheels.

6170ED8C-5C31-42B6-9C30-5685122C4969.jpg

This is my X1 that got the full EV treatment using 1125CR front end and 1125R wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I rode an M-2 for about 3500 miles last summer with XB suspension and brakes on it. Not sure if it was your conversion specifically, but I can tell you it was the perfect mod for a tuber. It updates everything to perfectly mesh with the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I rode an M-2 for about 3500 miles last summer with XB suspension and brakes on it. Not sure if it was your conversion specifically, but I can tell you it was the perfect mod for a tuber. It updates everything to perfectly mesh with the bike.
    You know the rules! Pics or it didn't happen! Oh yeah and BTW that is our kit.
    Last edited by Red93stang; 05-01-2018 at 07:51 PM.