Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baker 6OD

Are you being a smart ass?Â* Or will it really work?Â* I don't see why someone would go through the trouble of machining a trap door in a newer case when you could just swap it for an older case.
    Picked up on that I see, I guess Im in an easily annoyed mood today dont take it too seriously. You wouldn't machine a new trap door into the old style case. No one will ever do that...ever, prove me wrong.

Have you even looked at the older cases before asking that though? There are quite a few differences. The main one being how the swingarm attaches to the back of the engine. And i dont even want to hear well it could be done.

Obviously I haven't, that's why I asked. If I knew the info then I wouldn't ask...

The Factory XB cases never had a trap door. The Sportster cases with a trap door can not swap with XB cases. All the motor mounts and engine tie bar mounts are very different.

The XBRR engine cases ($$$$$$$ and can't build a standard XB motor with them) and the Buell Race 3.6 cases (Very rare but I just bought a set:D) are the only XB style cases that had a trap door. Those trap doors are different than the Sportster trap doors so special parts would have to be made to fit a Baker 6 speed trans, if it would even fit. I'll take some pics of the 3.6 cases I bought when they show up tomorrow. They have been on eBay for a long time and I decided to buy them. They still need lots of machining to finish them but they are really neat. I'm thinking I might build a special motor out of them!

Anything could be done you just have to have the right stuff the set of mind and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For the $2000 or $3000 bucks for the baker kit I don't even think its worth it. Keep a happy medium for low end and change over to a chain drive and adjust for top end there.To be honest would we even benefit from a extra gear and gain more speed anyway?

its not for extra speed its to drop the rpm in the highway cruising speeds without losing any of your bottom end like a gear change would

Yeah I understand that 70mph on the highway I'm around 4000rpm it gets annoying

that pretty much settles it in my mind. thanks for the replies, especially the ones with pics. i didnt know what they meant by trap door. its very obvious now.

Inactive
    Very rare but I just bought a set
    of course.

I'm thinking I might build a special motor out of them!
    Coming from you, it`s a bit scaring .... :p You`ve got my attention :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12