Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xb12s issue at mid rpms

Inactive
    access your ecm unit and inspect it closely for cracks, hair-line cracks in the vicinity of where the harness plugs are, plugs for tightness. if all ok sure sounds like faulty TPS assembly

Check the grounds under the headlight cover and around the steering stem. The wires are run tightly in there, and known to break.

Engine Temp Sensor is worth a look at and replacing.

Had similar issues but no Check Light nor Fault Code history. According to AL at ASB, this is a common occurrence with this particular situ failure. Even had the fan coming on and off at irregular/fluctuating temp readings via ECMSPY monitoring. Took Al's (from ASB) long experiential advice and went ahead did the pain in the ass deed of R&Ring the sensor.

All my issues were instantly solved. Found the wire was frayed and had two tiny openings which most likely were grounding out and causing the issue. After installing the new ETS, I encased the wire in a continuous conduit protector to the D-Fitting on the left side below the Main Ground. Hopefully this will remedy/protect the bare wire from any future rubbing and potential fraying.

The Rig runs like new and no more bogging/stalling etc at low and mid range rpms. Even gained some top end power as I did a full up run down my local back road to work yesterday morning and had her just under 150mph at around 7k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12