Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions ASAP

So I just got my 2nd Buell. An 09 CityX

Wanted to get a 12s but the low mileage and fair price made me jump on this one.

Now I found an 07 stt with low miles for sale and am looking for some opinions on the bike because my roommate offered to buy my CityX for what I paid if I wanted to get the stt. I could finally have my 12.

I know they have a less aggressive rake and the long frame correct?

Is the extra comfort and bigger motor worth getting rid of my bike?
    We're there any major changes between 07 and 09?

Any advice or opinions would be great!!

I've ridden 12's and 9's and although the 9 has a little less displacement(and power) it still has gobs of torque and respectable hp. Due to the lower gearing in the 9 it accelerates basically just as fast too. You just lose out a little by having slightly higher highway cruising rpms.

I got the 9 and was hesitant, wanting a 12, but having owned it for 2 years I have no regrets. I'd buy another without issue, they are basically identical. I don't even know why they made 2 different bikes.

Speaking from experience, u can't go wrong w a Uly!!

I've ridden 12's and 9's and although the 9 has a little less displacement(and power) it still has gobs of torque and respectable hp. Due to the lower gearing in the 9 it accelerates basically just as fast too. You just lose out a little by having slightly higher highway cruising rpms.

I got the 9 and was hesitant, wanting a 12, but having owned it for 2 years I have no regrets. I'd buy another without issue, they are basically identical. I don't even know why they made 2 different bikes.
    Everything he said. I have an xb12r and my buddy has an xb9r. One is no more fun than the other. So its really just a question on what you really want.

I've ridden both and I guess the motor isn't a huge issue with me but I'm wondering if the extra inch of suspension travel and different frame would make a comfort difference.

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth. I, at the same time, had/ have a 2009 xb9sx city x and a 2009 xb12sx cg. I just sold the xb12. At lower speeds there really wasn't much difference (from what I can tell). It's when you get the speed up is the difference in power. Accelerating from say 60-80 takes quite a bit less effort on the xb12 vs the xb9.

As snrusnak has already stated the 9 has respectable hp and gobs of torque and there was not enough difference to keep the xb12.

If you can take the STT for a test drive its a BIG difference from the XB9 you will find more torque and a complete different driving position the down side is you need long legs due to the higher seat

They are both great Buells

I wouldn't mind being stretched out more. Would be nice for longer rides. I'm only 6' but that's enough to feel cramped on the sx. I put drop pegs on my 9r when I had it.

The bike looks to have an ss seat on it and passenger pegs. Not the standard seat with number plates.

I have a 07 TT and love it. I have no experience with the xb9's but my friends have 08 xb12r Firebolts. The most noticeable thing I notice is they have a WAY easier time resetting their TPS. Plus we all have race kits and I can control my idle speed with a screw but they are at the mercy of their computers. I say get the TT because you get the look of the lightning, the comfort of the Ulysses, and you and your buddy will both have Buells. The more Buells the better.
    Post a pic if you got one.
    Would love to see it.

I prefer my 12 over my 9. But love them equally

No replacement for displacement :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast