Thread: Clutch Issue

Alright, so my 2009 XB12r has 9000 on the odo. When i picked it up, all the action for the clutch was happening at almost full release. Tried doing the clutch adjustment, and now i cant get it to work at all. When i do the adjustment, it's super hard to pull the clutch in, and when started sounds like it's grabbing and wants to "take off eh'". I know i'm doing the adjustment right, cause i've had success on my s model. Also, i cant seem to find the downloadable version on the service manual. I've poured over countless similar clutch problems, but am still unclear as to what the problem is. Will i have to take off the primary cover to inspect further, or will i be able to have any success through the inspection cover itself?

On my bike i had the same issue, it was the ramp retaining (not sure i spelled it right) ring broke off. Now I'm looking for a new primary case.

Just happened to me as well. I was lucky to be pointed in the right direction.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...this--09XB12SS

Loosen the adjusting screw assembly enough to fold the ramp assembly down. Careful to not let the bearings fall out. The broken pieces (pic in link) were inside. There is a link to repair in the above post but I ordered a new primary cover to install instead.

Good luck. Dave.

Removed the primary cover and inspected. Everything looks to be in order as far as the lip being in tact. Should i forge on and take off the clutch assembly?

So i've come to learn that the pressure plate has a few spring's in it (two) that have no pressure on them. Would this be my potential cause for the clutch not to work? Or are they supposed to be this way?