Thread: Any differences in wiring harness from 07R to 08SCG

i know the ecm and fusebox are in the back with the scg but thats what im wanting. i know the 08's are a little different than the 07's but is the wiring harness essentially the same. trying to make a lightning bolt out of my 07r. found a harness from an 08scg should i buy?

ok nevermind, i found one from an 07.

so has anyone done this before?

anything very difficult?

things to watch out for?

tips, tricks?

i feel all alone....lol

i will be taking pictures for a DIY thread, or so you guys see how i f@cked it all up.

i tried running a 06 gsxr1000 headlight on the front of my firebolt last week just for something different but there are just too many wires up there. and so i have decided just to do the lightning front end.

im hoping all parts will be in within the next 5-7 days and i can get started.

wish me luck.

ok update. the 08 harness is different from an 07. yeah, way different. man this **** is fun. harness from an 06 ordered and shipped today ups 3 day air. its the same, or so i belive. will update soon.

Put up pics as soon as you can, I'm without my bike for a few months as it is currently getting shipped from Fort Knox, Kentucky to Hohenfels, Germany via household goods. So I will watch your story unfold. Hope all goes well for you man.

I hav an 05r and have been contemplated doing the same thing. let us see some pics.
    Bill

ok here are some pictures. this is pretty much day one and two. i disassembled the front end waiting on the new harness to arrive. look at all the wires that come out the front of a firebolt.

paint comes via my buddy tasteless art powers

day two we started bright and early with the removal of the wiring harness. it may not be neccesary to drop the motor but we undid the mounts from the front so we would have some extra room. its not too hard to get out just a little overwhelming to look at.

we started to put in the harness from the 08 but quickly noticed they were not the same. so we contemplated just modifying mine, this would be a job for someone who, for one, is not colorblind and two, who has a tremendous amount of patience.

we quickly decided that this wasn't really an option.

here she is waiting on parts again, everything cleaned up. new harness will be here early next week and i will take some more pictures to keep you guys updated.